This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

How to Stop a Case of the Giggles at an Inappropriate Situation?

1. Shil1978 profile image92
    Shil1978posted 6 years ago

How to Stop a Case of the Giggles at an Inappropriate Situation?

How to stop laughing when it is totally inappropriate and embarrassing to do so!!

2. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

The only thing I can think of it you can't remove yourself from the situation, is to take long slow deep breaths and really concentrate on them - hopefully getting your mind off the giggles.

3. Vellur profile image89
    Vellurposted 6 years ago

This is an extremely difficult thing to do. Here are some ways - am not sure they work.

Think of the time when you were naughty at school and your teacher scolded you.

Think of when your mother scolded you for doing or not doing something.

Think of sad movies that made you cry.

Think of the time when your brother or sister ate up your portion of a delicious cake.

Think of the time when you lost out to your friend and you know that she cheated but nobody else does and you can't prove it.

Think about bitter medicines that were forced down your throat for various illness.

Think about vaccinations, injections, a dentist for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can go on but I think I will stop here. I hope you don't start giggling when you read my answer. IF you do I will be very happy I made you giggle!!!!!!

working