jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What is something a lot of people do that you disagree with?

1. Pamela N Red profile image86
    Pamela N Redposted 5 years ago

What is something a lot of people do that you disagree with?

Just because something is popular doesn't mean we should all do it but that doesn't keep a thing from being common practice.

2. fpherj48 profile image76
    fpherj48posted 5 years ago

I guess I'd have to go with "current" fashion trends,"  (whatever they happen to be, at a given time).  I can comfortably say that I "disagree" when people (especially women) insist upon wearing something, SOLELY because it is "in style."  They will don an outfit that looks simply terrible on them, (they are either too old or too heavy or too thin, to wear this particular item, attractively,) but they do it anyway.  I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.......but, just in case.....take for instance the slacks with low-cut waistline (below the navel) worn with a top that ALSO exposes the abdomen.  I've seen it...you've seen it.......women with ROLLS of fat just hanging out boldly and proudly for everyone to see......AND WINCE!   Tell me Pamela,  WHY DO THEY DO THIS???  LOL!!
    If they truly think they're "cute"...I DISAGREE!!

3. SmartAndFun profile image97
    SmartAndFunposted 5 years ago

What comes to mind first is giving iPhones to little kids. My son is in 4th grade and I am surprised at how many kids in his class have iPhones. One little girl was showing off some video she had downloaded from youtube and while it wasn't anything horrible, it was not appropriate for 9- and 10-year-olds. I can see wanting to be able to stay in touch with your kids, but giving a kid that age an iPhone is overkill, IMHO, and just gives them free reign surf to the internet without supervision. Hopefully all these parents have put parental controls on their kids' iPhones, but from the look of the video I saw, I am guessing at least her parents have not.

4. Dillon Lee Queen profile image57
    Dillon Lee Queenposted 5 years ago

I would say following the "Traditions" for current day colleges. They follow the crowd and pretty much throw out the creative possibilities of college and simply follow the herd. I've had nearly five friends in the past year change from a great and unique person to someone who is determined to fit in.

5. roxanne459 profile image88
    roxanne459posted 5 years ago

I have a hard time understanding why so many people have no trouble drinking and or smoking marijuana around their kids. legality isn't even the issue. These are just two examples of things that alter a persons brain chemistry and therefore change their behavior. That can be very frightening for kids. Especially when they see their parents lose control. Unfortunately, it isn't something people will stop doing anytime soon.

6. fitmom profile image84
    fitmomposted 5 years ago

I agree with the other posts. I know lots of people who give their young kids/babies soda, coffee, lots of candy, tons of fast food, etc. I think it's terrible to start young kids/babies out liking these unhealthy foods.

My daughter will not eat mac n cheese or some of the other typical kids foods because we eat healthy foods and she likes them. I want to set her up for a healthy lifestyle and it makes me sad to see kids eating all kinds of junk.

7. yougotme profile image90
    yougotmeposted 5 years ago

Interesting question. For me, I think it's the fact that we follow the dictations of the media. They manipulate us telling us how we should define and see things.

(One example is the perception the media impose on beauty - that one should have "perfect" skin, body, hair etc)

8. kj force profile image72
    kj forceposted 5 years ago

People who  bring children into this world and then don't take responsibility to help them grow up to be productive citizens. They rely on school and society to teach them and prepare them for the world. Children are a gift and we could learn alot from them. With the discovery of cell phones and electronic. gadgets, the well-being of children has taken a back seat..just watch next time you are at a park or any function where there are children..Adults are there physically, but NOT mentally or spiritually..watch them texting...

9. tom hellert profile image60
    tom hellertposted 5 years ago

Without getting political...I hate it when people intentionaly lie to you with the true desire to deceive- not the hey theres a spot on your shirt - then they flip ya in the face.