Some questions regarding the field of Pharmacy and things related?

1. Jack Cohen profile image55
    Jack Cohenposted 6 years ago

Some questions regarding the field of Pharmacy and things related?

I am at the young age of 15 years. I am indigenous to America and have always had a passion for learning...my IQ is quite high along with my high school GPA. I play football and wrestle, volunteer, and work as a lifeguard. If I kept up this pace of success what are my chances at an elite pharmacy school like UCSF or Michigan Ann Arbor? Also is the job difficult or fun? I am a very animated person. I want an intellectually stimulating job but somewhat relaxed at the same time. Is pharmacy schooling difficult? How often did you study? Thank you for taking the time to read this Jason. :-)

2. pharmacist profile image88
    pharmacistposted 6 years ago

Jack,

Congratulations on your success so far.  Keep up the good work.  Your good grades and extra activities will help get you into the pharmacy school of your choice.  Pharmacy school is hard, as it should be.  You will be handling and dispensing medictation that people's lives will depend on.  Pharmacy offers some divers career options that can be both rewarding and challenging.  During pharmacy school you will study all the time.  After graduation, the studying will continue your whole life if you want to stay on the top of your game.  Best wishes.

3. profile image52
    jostler2013posted 5 years ago

If I were you, I would go in and talk to the pharmacist where your family gets their prescriptions filled.  At one time I wanted to be a pharmacist so I went into my local Park Ridge pharmacy and asked my pharmacist every question that was on my mind.  He was pretty straight forward with me on both the pro's and the con's of being a pharmacist.  Here's the url to his pharmacy if you want to contact him. http://medicineshoppeparkridge.com.  Hope he can answer your questions, helped me make up my mind.

working