jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

What experience has given you the "butterflies" more than any other?

1. Cre8tor profile image97
    Cre8torposted 5 years ago

What experience has given you the "butterflies" more than any other?

Good or bad, what about this experience got you so excited?

2. Denise Handlon profile image90
    Denise Handlonposted 5 years ago

I loved white water rafting.  My 'butterfly' experience is roller coasters-only been on a few and really do not care for them.  smile   

Like the photo here.  I went WW rafting on the Snake in Wyoming or Mt  can't recall now which it was.

1. Cre8tor profile image97
      Cre8torposted 5 years agoin reply to this

This is the "Gulley" in W.V. One of the world's best ww experiences. Only open a couple weeks a year and well worth the trip.

3. Michelle Taylor profile image78
    Michelle Taylorposted 5 years ago

There is a ride at six flags called the "Dare Devil Dive" that definitely got my stomach in flutters.  It was a completely awesome experience but the entire time they were pulling us up to the top I was petrified!

4. wychic profile image91
    wychicposted 5 years ago

Pregnancy tests. That's probably pretty self-explanatory wink. As far as "thrill" kind of butterflies, that would have to be one of my favorite pastimes as a teenager, which of course I'd now look back on as completely stupid and foolhardy -- antelope chasing. I had a pride-cut Mustang who was rounded up from the wild horse preserve when he was seven, and never really completely tamed down. I'd take him out in the badlands and we'd go charging after the antelope (pronghorn) at breakneck speeds -- it means complete trust that your horse won't stumble or shy (or randomly veer off just because he feels like it), even while he has antelope darting under his belly, right under his nose, and directly behind his hooves, sometimes running right into his flying tail. The badlands where I grew up had very broken terrain, holes from snakes and prairie dogs, ravines and gullies everywhere, and all sorts of wonderful opportunities to get oneself killed.

Seems like my first few times whitewater rafting had the same sort of effect, but my dad owned an 8-person raft so we used to do runs on the Snake and Shoshone as often as twice a weekend during the warm months. It's still fun, but the thrill started to wear off.

5. IDONO profile image81
    IDONOposted 5 years ago

Standing in front of a judge. All bad! That feeling of knowing something bad will happen is bad. but not knowing HOW bad, is butterflies. Millions of butterflies. And a bird or two.

6. rmcleve profile image82
    rmcleveposted 5 years ago

Falling in love.

Romantic situations always make me incredibly nervous, but when I found and met my SO, I had butterflies  and was completely unable to eat for weeks. It was very intense.

On a negative note, I get those bad feeling butterflies anytime I'm in trouble with anyone for any reason. I don't like being on someone's bad side and it makes me extremely uncomfortable.