jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Why is it socially acceptable in the US for women to wear men's clothing and not

1. Rodric29 profile image77
    Rodric29posted 5 years ago

Why is it socially acceptable in the US for women to wear men's clothing and not vice verse?

If I wanted to run out to the store with my wife's leg warmers on or throw on a big house dress because it is hot shouldn't I have the comfort to without stares?

2. lorlie6 profile image84
    lorlie6posted 5 years ago

Great question, Rodric29!!!  Actually, I have a friend here in Bishop, Ca., (pop. 3,500!) who is a cross-dresser and is fully-if curiously-accepted even here.  Since Bishop's so small, most everyone has seen him; I first saw the guy at the post office, and no one batted an eye.  I later became his friend, waiting for a movie to begin, and we spoke.
    I found he was highly intelligent-went to U.C. Berkeley for his PhD in Astrophysics,. and earned another M.A. in English Lit.  He was also a science fan, I saw him later at a "Carma" open house where we really connected.  I even have some photos of us together, I think...Carma is a U.C. satellite observatory, watching the cosmos closely.  It's just West of Big Pine, Ca.  Look it up on Google or Bing, or some other engine. It is a very, very amazing place.
    Anyway, this fellow is accepted HERE, and I imagine would be in some big cities, but there are indeed places where his behavior would not be tolerated.
    Excellent question, actually!
    Thanks for giving me the idea of making a Hub out of this question!
    Laurel

Rodric29posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks you for responding to my question. I enjoyed the answer. I wonder if it would be acceptable for the a male mayor or governor to not necessarily cross dress but just wear a female piece every now and then.

3. profile image52
    danielledremptposted 5 years ago

The world is hypocritical. The idea of Manly men wearing clothes that are comfortable and feel nice next to the body.....this can not be allowd. Men must have Only rough cotton .
      I say be free wear what you want be who you want. Harm none.....do as you will!

Rodric29posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I agree. let us be free. I have to have briefs though. I don't want to be that free!

2. profile image52
      danielledremptposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Soft thin sexy feeling panties for me high rise full backs. I love silky soft textures.
        But yes please keep it together........ ( . )( .)

working