How do you keep mosquitos away ?

1. IDONO profile image83
    IDONOposted 5 years ago

How do you keep mosquitos away ?

Not just your person, but your house or yard. I built a bat house one time in my yard. It helped.

2. catsimmons profile image82
    catsimmonsposted 5 years ago

Ideally physical barriers are the best method of keeping mosquitoes away.
    Plants growing in the vicinity may help but are not going to be hugely effective.
    Scented oils and creams can help for a short period of time. read more

3. SidKemp profile image95
    SidKempposted 5 years ago

I do it by meditating and asking the mosquitoes not to bother me. It works most of the time - but maybe not for a someone who doesn't meditate a lot.

My second favorite technique is to walk with a friend who eats more sugar that I do - they get bitten, and I don't.

On a more practical note, a bat house is a great idea. It is also good to have good drainage on your property, so you're not breeding mosquitoes after every rainstorm. Essential oil of citronella is an excellent bug repellent, and citronella candles can work for a yard. At the high end, I've heard the best device is a trap that released warm, moist CO2, imitating animal breath. The mosquitoes come to find the animal, then get trapped. This was developed by the US military to clear large swamps, is now available retail, and is environmentally harmless.

working