jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

At what point do we consider our level of education to be adequate?

1. Anjili profile image82
    Anjiliposted 5 years ago

At what point do we consider our level of education to be adequate?

Does it mean the desire for academic endeavor is dead at this point?

2. PhiMaths ATB profile image60
    PhiMaths ATBposted 5 years ago

For me, never  (I hope). Though even if you think you have adequate education, that certainly not imply a lack of desire for academic endeavor.

3. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

There is no adequate point of education. We are always learning and it would and never should stop.

4. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image59
    Dubuquedogtrainerposted 5 years ago

I think you may have answered your own question. "The desire for academic endeavor is dead...when we consider our level of education to be adequate."

One's education is never complete, of course. We need to continually learn to live in this world, whether that education is formal or informal. The level at which one chooses to end his or her formal academic career is a personal choice dependent on finances, health, other commitments and many other variables.

Just because one discontinues his or her formal education does not mean his or her desire for academics is "dead." It could be, but it is impossible for someone to live in this world and not continue to learn, even if the choice is to forego further learning. If you go shopping for a car or a vacuum cleaner, you are learning! If you use the computer, you are learning!

It is impossible to interact with one's environment and not learn. The only way I think learning could cease would be for someone to be in a coma.