jump to last post 1-15 of 15 discussions (20 posts)

If you had to chose from moving to a hotter or colder climate, what would you ch

1. jbosh1972 profile image95
    jbosh1972posted 5 years ago

If you had to chose from moving to a hotter or colder climate, what would you choose? Why?

I would choose hot because I can do more outdoors than I can in bitter cold.  Also, my hobbies and interest are taylored for warmer weather.

2. Nan Mynatt profile image61
    Nan Mynattposted 5 years ago

I never liked the cold climates. Your bones ache when you get older.  In a cold climate it is like being in a refrigerator!

3. Eric Calderwood profile image84
    Eric Calderwoodposted 5 years ago

I would move to a hotter climate.  I spent almost ten years down in GA before moving back north.  It seemed so much colder even in the summer after moving back up here.  I would like to move south again someday.

4. TeacherCaro profile image60
    TeacherCaroposted 5 years ago

I prefer colder places as I prefer indoor activities. I like spending time reading books, watching videos, so on.

5. Georgie Lowery profile image96
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

I've lived all over the place, but right now, New York state is home. If I could, I would move somewhere that doesn't ever get below 50 degrees (F). I just don't dig the cold.

jbosh1972posted 5 years agoin reply to this

My limit is 40 but I have difficulties past 100 degrees.  Would need a place that only has upper 90's in summer and not much more.

2. Georgie Lowery profile image96
      Georgie Loweryposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I can handle really high heat, as long as the humidity isn't oppressive. The temps in Texas were just about right for me.

6. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image60
    Dubuquedogtrainerposted 5 years ago

I'd choose colder - I like the northwoods, know how to dress for the weather and find it invigorating. Heat is harder for me to tolerate, but like most people I like mild weather. I like the change of seasons and I dislike reptiles, so north is good for me!

7. Lamar Johns profile image69
    Lamar Johnsposted 5 years ago

I would choose to live in the cold for because I can tolerate the cold more than the heat. I get uncomfortable in the heat which causes me to stay awake for hours while in the cold I can sleep comfortably.

I here you about the sleep but if it is zero outside I struggle to wake up and get out of bed.  Conversly, I wake up in high spirits in very warm(85 to 95) and sunny weather.

8. christin53 profile image81
    christin53posted 5 years ago

I would choose hotter. I don't like the cold it makes me feel miserable.

9. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Colder. Texas and Florida are my limit of heat and I've lived in these areas for most of my life. So I would only go up.

10. buddinglinguist profile image60
    buddinglinguistposted 5 years ago

It's more about humidity for me. Here in Louisiana, both the summers and winters are brutal due to the high humidity.

I wouldn't mind moving to a drier state like Texas or California to escape the oppressive temperatures, but then again, I love how often we get thunderstorms here.

11. Kennedi Brown profile image92
    Kennedi Brownposted 5 years ago

Colder, definitely! I can't stand the heat, and I practically NEED white winters.

12. momaoak profile image77
    momaoakposted 5 years ago

I just moved from Maine back to the Oklahoma/Arkansas area. I missed the sun and warmth, but I will miss the cold and snow this winter. In my perfect world I wouldn't have to chose and could travel between the two based on my current desire.

13. MsLofton profile image70
    MsLoftonposted 5 years ago

I would choose hotter, where I live,the weather is never consistent. I prefer somewhere where it is warm all year round.

Exactly! Here in Indianapolis we broke a record high of 100 degrees last September then was literally in the mid 60s for daytime highs 2 days latter.  Got sick for 4 weeks with a cough.

2. kathyjones1952@at profile image59
      kathyjones1952@atposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You would probably love Hawaii then!  Hawaii is another one of my favorite states!  My parents and I used to travel a lot and of all the trips we took. the trip to Hawaii was my mother's favorite smile!

14. kathyjones1952@at profile image59
    kathyjones1952@atposted 5 years ago

I'll probably never leave Alabama because it's my home.  If I ever had to move, I would probably move to Arizona, which is a hot climate but not as humid as it is in Alabama in the summertime.  I used to travel a lot and Arizona has always been one of my favorite states.  I have a lot of allergies and I've always heard that Arizona is a good place for people with allergies and arthritis.

15. JanHeath profile image76
    JanHeathposted 5 years ago

I would choose hotter because sunshine tends to make everyone more cheerful and relaxed.  Also because tropical fruit is delicious.  Come to think of it I haven't yet seen many holiday/ultimate lifestyle advertisements that use anything but a tropical beach as a lure, must be something in it...

working