jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

What was your favoritve subject in school/college?

1. mbyL profile image82
    mbyLposted 5 years ago

What was your favoritve subject in school/college?

and what did you like so much about it?

2. Ms Dee profile image87
    Ms Deeposted 5 years ago

My favorite up through high school was math. I think it was because it was straightforward and I could easily see and measure my learning progress. Grades in other kinds of classes seemed to depend more on the subjectivity of the teacher. However, my interests changed after high school. I then got into applied linguistics.

3. msorensson profile image73
    msorenssonposted 5 years ago

My most favorite courses: three English Literature, Trigonometry. Art Appreciation. I had the best teachers.

4. brakel2 profile image80
    brakel2posted 5 years ago

My favorite subject was Latin  partly due to super teacher. She made everyone feel special and helped students with self esteem. A Latin newspaper developed through her leadership, and I was the gossip columnist. I loved everything about high school and met my high school sweetheart in her class. She changed my life.

5. Diane Woodson profile image60
    Diane Woodsonposted 5 years ago

Early Childhood courses and Elementary Education courses. I loved college and wrote lots of papers in Graduate School and loved it, I always loved staying up late writing the papers and knowing I had to be at School to teach all day did not bother me a bit!

6. cruelkindness profile image74
    cruelkindnessposted 5 years ago

Sociology - It informs us on the hows and whys in understanding interactions with people in society. 

The way our voice, perception, actions, expressions and social status effect the outcome of our relationships with individuals and groups.

Cruelkindness (Subliminally Thoughtless)

7. Tricia1000 profile image74
    Tricia1000posted 5 years ago

I have always been interested in other languages, so my favorite subject was French.  I am still studying the  French language, even after all these years.

8. cloverleaffarm profile image64
    cloverleaffarmposted 5 years ago

My favorite subjects were English, History, and Earth Science. Now that I think about that, it's kind of ironic. Here I am a writer, living in an old house, and farming. Those subjects payed off well for me.
    I loved learning new words in English class. My teacher/professor would make us learn one new word a day, and we would have to use it all day. That was great fun.
    I grew up in an old Victorian house, and was surrounded with 100 years of family history. That was probably the start of my love of history.
    I have always like to play in the dirt. Even as a child I would dig holes and plant things. I think it was genetic, as my ancestors were farmers.

9. rmcleve profile image81
    rmcleveposted 5 years ago

I loved all of my classes (except my Social Welfare minor - bad teacher - and Interpersonal Communication).

I ended up getting a degree in English because I enjoyed it so much. For fun, I also love to take Geology and History.

My top 4 favorite classes: Magical Realism (Honors College class), Early Islamic History, Cold War Literature and Culture, and Intro to Literary Theory (Eng 500).

Those 3 classes flipped my world upside each time! Why? Fascinating ideas about the way the world worked from amazing scholars. Go UNM!

10. phillippeengel profile image80
    phillippeengelposted 5 years ago

My favorite subject? Philosophy of course. An unexamined life is not worth living. If I am advanced in pure maths, physics and chemistry, I will still be a naive person without the true, profound knowledge of existence, of life. Sigh...tricky maths questions are headaches.

11. profile image57
    homeprivatetutorposted 5 years ago

Sciences! Especially Chemistry and Biology.. Perhaps I am the odd one out who loves the boring stuff.. But I love, in particular, Organic Chemistry.. Perhaps one of the things most people hate due to the long list of things to memorise..