jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Can an illiterate person still be educated?

1. Vegas Elias profile image26
    Vegas Eliasposted 5 years ago

Can an illiterate person still be educated?

I find many people who are literate but very sparingly educated. These are the ones who know to read and write and hold degrees but do not have any manners of ethics or principles in life.

2. KrystalD profile image78
    KrystalDposted 5 years ago

I believe people can learn by doing and that there are multiple types of intelligence. Therefore, yes, it is quite possible that someone can be educated and illiterate. Their education could be in something physical such as dance or even wood working.

3. profile image0
    Team Leaderposted 5 years ago

Hello Vegas,

Yes, I do. I genuinely believe that noone wants to be a "bad" person. Often people can't really help it, it is the way they were brought up and because everyone around them behaves the same way they cannot step outside of their sleves and reflect on their behaviour objectively or they might be mentally unwell. Obviously what I find acceptable is something completely different than what others find acceptable, There are some rules though that I feel we all should follow and that is to be honest, good to ourselves and others, respectful and making an effort to be of value to our families and environment.

Do you have a specific example of a person that upsets you?

Your 'Team Leader'

1. Vegas Elias profile image26
      Vegas Eliasposted 5 years agoin reply to this

No no no no no. This is the way we Indians speak. I have no team leader. Team leaders are in the BPOs working as slaves to their U.S. bosses. I am self employed. My question is genuine and it means only that which it says.

4. ccornblatt profile image90
    ccornblattposted 5 years ago

An illiterate person can be educated because they can be knowledgeable in areas that do not involve or require the ability to read and write. Not all knowledge is transferred through reading materials. Knowledge can also be gained through spoken word and hands-on experience. Illiterate people can also learn via pictures and diagrams. Therefore, there could be illiterate people who are educated about the ways of the world without ever having been educated in the conventional sense.

5. rdcast profile image80
    rdcastposted 5 years ago

One man's illiteracy is another man's insightfulness. Believe it or not, illiteracy is more an issue of inclusion. Though It's wonderful to have the ability to read and write, those who struggle without those skills, more often than not, make excellent teachers themselves for the very reason of their struggle. That's all I have to say about that...