jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Would you change your education?

1. breathe2travel profile image79
    breathe2travelposted 5 years ago

Would you change your education?

If you could return to college, what would you change your major to, or would you keep the same concentration?

2. hecate-horus profile image81
    hecate-horusposted 5 years ago

If I had it to do over again, I would save two years of college and go be a Vet Tech. I really wanted to work with animals.  I majored in Wildlife Ecology, a 4 year degree, now I grade essay papers for a living.  I think I would have had a better chance of getting a rewarding job as a Vet Tech.  Oh well...hindsight...

3. profile image72
    ElleBeeposted 5 years ago

If i had to do it over again, I think I would have started at a community college and then transferred. I LOVED my college, and I'm happy I went there because I met tons of great people, and made a lot of great friendships outside the classroom. But I also would have loved to attend a less expensive institution and not have so many darn loans!

4. Rochelle Frank profile image96
    Rochelle Frankposted 5 years ago

I was the first person in my family too go to college, so my parents probably had no clue how to guide me-- they were just glad I was there.
    I started as an English major-- and took a lot of journalism classes.  After about a year and a half, I realized that if I majored in English,  would probably become a teacher. I didn't want to become a teacher.

I took an Art History course and liked it so much I changed my major to Art History.
    I don't know what I was planning to do with that degree, but it turned out to be very useful when I became an elementary school teacher. (yep)
    -- because it  taught art, history, geography, culture, science, technology history, sociology, literature,religion, a little music, poetry  and a wide range related subjects.