What is your opinion on school lunches?

1. momster profile image60
    momsterposted 5 years ago

What is your opinion on school lunches?

I had lunch with my children at school. I was not very happy to see that the school was serving 1% milk only. I prefer my children to drink whole milk. My children have also complained about how the food tastes. They do not like some of the food, but if they want seconds (when available) they have to clear their trays. I had to pick my son up from school after puking up the broccoli. He wanted seconds. Sad thing is, my son's favorite food is broccoli. How do you feel about lunches that your children eat at school?

2. donnah75 profile image95
    donnah75posted 5 years ago

As a teacher, I have to admit that I stay as far away from the school cafe as I can.  A couple of years ago, I had lunch duty, and that cafeteria smell brought back memories of years of bad school lunches that I had to eat.  I think the reality is that school lunches today are much better than when I was a student (almost 20 years ago).  I think the HS lunches at the school I work for are better than the elementary lunches.  I do think they have improved, but if you are not happy, you should speak to your school's PTO.  No child should be puking up the school lunch.  That is not a good sign.

3. Nick Barricella profile image71
    Nick Barricellaposted 5 years ago

School lunches are a complete joke, at least my school's are. The school spends pennies making cheap, unhealthy food and sells it for about three dollars a meal. The macaroni and cheese is like plastic. The Broccoli and Cheese is like thick goo. The Calzones are 90% Air, 5% Sauce, and 5% meat. The only things that are acceptable to eat at my school are the freshly made subs, or maybe the microwaveable chicken patties. Hey, I guess it beats prison food. Have a nice day =smile