To anyone with dyscalculia: How it affected your life? Did you overcome it and,

1. algarveview profile image90
    algarveviewposted 5 years ago

To anyone with dyscalculia: How it affected your life? Did you overcome it and, if so, how?

2. whonunuwho profile image80
    whonunuwhoposted 5 years ago

I taught children with special needs for several years. I had some in my class that were unable to grasp the meaning or recognize what various numerals represented. To overcome this we used real objects, tangible and those that could be held in the hand, experienced by all of the senses of touch and the shapes. It did help in many instances and some of my kids were able to advance to higher levels in math. This problem does not prevent some people from becoming great artists, scientists, inventors, and contributing to all of humanity. We should never give up and keep trying. I was handicapped as a child and often reversed my letters and numbers. I struggled and overcame. I now have four degrees and taught school for more than twenty-five years. May God bless you.

3. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Not sure if dislike for the subject matter counts. I disliked math so much I don't know if I could have been good at it, or not...I almost had a physical aversion to it.

working