Did you ever see a ghost?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (30 posts)
  1. MariaSuzanne profile image58
    MariaSuzanneposted 8 years ago

Did you ever see a ghost?

My answer is no, but have you or do you even believe in them? I have had my fair share of "ghost activity". Let me tell you how, the faucets turn on by themselves at a steady stream, the baby toys turn on all at once, the lights turn off by themselves, and that's not all! My prescription medication going missing!? Really, now you tell me is it possible for a ghost, spirit, enitity, or even a demon to steal stuff from you? In my eyes no, even if it was a poltergiest! I think its another person in the house taking things to a hole different level, but how do you prove it? Crazy right?

2. Amanda108 profile image87
    Amanda108posted 8 years ago

Do you mean how to prove a person is taking your things? If you live with others I'd be very suspicious about the meds, more or less so depending on what they are. I don't know what your spendable income is, but there are resources for videoing theft. Nanny cams, spy cams, etc. Also consider whether you've noticed any odd behavior coinciding with the disappearance of your pills. The most easy solution, while not providing you with the "who" (or potential "what"), is to lock the pills up in a safe in your private closet, or hide them elsewhere.

As to your title question, no, I haven't seen a ghost. While I may not automatically believe everyone/anyone's claim to have seen one, I definitely believe in the possibility - as in, some of those claims are truth, even if some are lies or stories or just confusion.

While I may not have seen a spirit, I've experienced enough activity and seen enough video (video taken by people I know well and trust in MY life, that is; NOT TV shows or viral videos) of instances such as flashlights laid on the floor + flicking on and off in direct response to yes-or-no questions when prompted. I've walked into a place where I knew for a fact that no person had been in since I'd left to find toys on the other side of the room or a basket of stuffed animals still standing yet the animals strewn about the floor or a doll that was carefully displayed suddenly standing up like a little girl had played with it. It was all very non-threatening.

This was all in one location, by the way. It's the only place I've ever noticed anything and I'm the sort that is very open-minded but also tries not to jump to any definite conclusions when it comes to this type of stuff. I don't go around thinking a creak in my house is a ghost nor am I easily "spooked" (pun intended because I don't believe that forms of paranormal activity are automatically something bad or fearful), but this place (I'd prefer not to disclose the specific location as it is a business; but the general place was in Orion Township, Michigan) showed constant "life" nearly every day.

Now as for the possibility of a non-human or animal entity stealing stuff, it's actually widely suggested that constant loss (and often later reappearance in places you know you checked) of small objects is a potential indicator, when combined with more substantial experiences. Of course that's approaching the question from a standpoint of "Can a ghost...?" rather than "Do ghosts exist?"

1. Kiss andTales profile image60
      Kiss andTalesposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Mara there is nowhere in the bible that spirit
      Angels die , but the rebel ones have been Judged to go into the restraint of the abyss.
      Which they recognized and pleaded Jesus not to put them in. Luke 8:31 verifying
      So they fool many people.

3. Kiss andTales profile image60
    Kiss andTalesposted 8 years ago

People call them ghost today,  but they are fallen spirit creatures originally from the heavens above our planet earth.
    They have existed before Adam and Eve was
    Created , they know every human that have been born on earth. They have different personalities as humans do , some are very mischievous , some are violent , some are sexually involved with humans and all of them are dark and dangerous because they hate humans. So they will lure you in with something like magic, fortune telling, witchcraft, voodoo, game boards that they talk through, but it is the heavenly Father who tries to protect us from their influence and powers,  but people just get envolve with
    Them anyway. The problem is they cause death.
    Deut 18:10-12

There should not be found in you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, anyone who employs divination, anyone practicing magic, anyone who looks for omens, a sorcerer,11 anyone binding others with a spell, anyone who consults a spirit medium or a fortune-teller,o or anyone who inquires of the dead. 12 For whoever does these things is detestable to Jehovah, and on account of these detestable practices Jehovah your God is driving them away from before you.

So it would be a wise thing not to do things that will envite them into your home.
    Also they attached to idols used in worship
    Maybe some one close to you is drawing them without your knowledge,  check and see did some leave an object or something
    They like . It is something. But they are definitely scared of the heavenly Father Jehovah.
    You can pray in his name for help .
    Pr 18:10 The name of Jehovah is a strong tower. Into it the righteous one runs and receives protection.
    the key is righteous you have to live up to that in your life to receive help.
    I hope this can help you .

1. MonkeyShine75 profile image61
      MonkeyShine75posted 8 years agoin reply to this

I totally disagree with you here Ghosts of people are real, and are not demons aka fallen angels. The bible speaks of Ghosts

2. Kiss andTales profile image60

Mara  thank you for your reply but please show me proof of your claim., there is no activity after death.
      Notice what the bible says Ps 146:4 His spirit goes out, he returns to the ground; On that very day his thoughts do perish.

3. Alastar Packer profile image71
      Alastar Packerposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Sorry Kiss n Tale: Epic Fail there.smile

4. Kiss andTales profile image60

What fail ? The scriptures . it speaks for it self , when your thoughts perish , that simply means no brain activity you can not remember who , what , and  where,
      How can you be punished or receive an award when your memory has perished?

5. fpherj48 profile image60
      fpherj48posted 8 years agoin reply to this

alastar.How wonderful & what a complete relief it would be, if we could get replies based upon intelligent study & research~ even personal experience.Quoting bible is no answer. Does anyone use their brain..or just mimic words they read?

6. Kiss andTales profile image60

Paula the bible is nothing but witnesses as people like Our self. I agree with you that people are to research anything of importance
      truth here.But as you speak on this hp site by writing are we to think the same about you and what you write

7. fpherj48 profile image60

K&T.Quite simply, my readers are free to think what they choose of my hubs, topics & writing. I don't write to force feed info.This is America.My readers comment w/ clear & INDEPENDENT thought, becuz they have BRAINS. They don't QUOTE som

8. Kiss andTales profile image60

how would you know personally every reader, you would not but I would not judge what people like to read or like to talk about what you write in a hub or book is respected , you and your choice of words are not giving the Author of the bible respect

9. fpherj48 profile image60

K&T...Enough please.  Honestly sorry I bothered to comment. Haven't time for such utter nonsense. If it makes you happy...YOU're right!  I don't care enough to argue over stupidity.  So stop!

10. Kiss andTales profile image60

So you start off commenting to me and right out say I do not have a brain ,thank you for your highest appraise of the brain and people who use it But you seem to forget the Author of the bible created the brain.So let him be the judge of who uses it

4. MonkeyShine75 profile image61
    MonkeyShine75posted 8 years ago

Yes, I saw my mother three years after she died. She came to me looking the way she did when she was healthy. Mom died of cancer, and the last two or three months before she died, she was very skinny from the chemo, but she wasn't when she came to me. She came to me again about five years after she passed, to tell me she was "going home now.", and that was the last I saw of her.
    I have witnessed the manifestation of many ghosts but I didn't see them, and I did see one ghost that I didn't know in life. I have encountered "Shadow people" too.

Yes that is how they appear to you as a shadowy figure if your relatives or friends,
      They been knowing them and their personality from day one of birth. They can
      Sound like them , like we can make our voice sound like some one if we want.

2. MonkeyShine75 profile image61

I agree with you in a lot of things but not this
      In Matt 27:52-53 these R ghosts of the dead and R not demons
      In Matt 17:1-9 the ghosts of Moses & Elijah appear

Mara , Consider this scripture as well ,
      Ec 3:20 All are going to the same place. They all come from the dust, and they all are returning to the dust
      Jehovah is our power house, once unplugged  no life.
      But he can return his life force back to us

4. MonkeyShine75 profile image61

That's the body, not the soul. The soul doesn't come from or return to dust
      The soul lives on until judgement so we can receive our rewards good or bad

5. Kiss andTales profile image60

Mara I used to think the same thing , but the truth is the bible does not support that thought. Notice carefully what is said.
      A further study of God’s Word will show you that nowhere in the entire Bible are the terms “immortal” or “everlasting”

6. MonkeyShine75 profile image61

Nowhere did I say the soul is immortal, I said it lives till judgement day, and the bible does support that. The body dies now, and the soul will either die or live on according to our works

7. Kiss andTales profile image60

Mara you are gifted in some knowledge of Hebrew and Greek , I am so proud of you and how you can read the difference in translation ,Notice Definition: In the Bible, “soul” is translated from the Hebrew neʹphesh and the Greek psy·kheʹ.
      Continue .

5. MariaSuzanne profile image58
    MariaSuzanneposted 8 years ago

I do live with one other person, the reason I do not think it is the person I am living with is because I hide them in different places all the time and they always go missing as do the persons that I live with! A name has been burned into the wood upstairs it was not there when we moved in, I showed it to my boyfriend and the next time I went up there it was burned into the wall again but in a different location, (right beside the other burning) we would have saw them both for sure the first time we noticed it, but the second one was not there the first time! The pills are missing, they have not turned back up but other pills have shown up in places that they shouldn't be, that we did not put them! The idea of a camera and a lock box is great but money is needed to provide those things! If i had it i would invest in it in a heart beat! I have witnessed several things in my life and that is the reason I do believe in it, but not once did i think it would take medication that is hidden. I am highly suspicious of the person I live with, but everything doesn't add up to it being him, along with the fact that his go missing too.

Something or some one is practicing something not safe.Or some one has a object they are following. Or some one could be just living immoral that can really draw them because they are dark and disgusting,looking for this type of lifestyle
      to feed

6. Alastar Packer profile image71
    Alastar Packerposted 8 years ago

21st physics is starting to explain how "ghosts" etc could come about. Have no preconceived mind set on these phenomena. Be open to experiences- good ones that is and what you wish for my well happen. Earth science hasn't discovered everything yet. This is not a promo but take a look at this story and you'll see what i'm getting at.http://www.weebly.com/weebly/main.php

Mara Jesus resurrected many back to life , did that make them a ghost just because their life force was returned ?
      No. Like a candle who flame goes out
      The candle can be relit again , does that make a candle a ghosts ?
      Power has return for light

2. Alastar Packer profile image71

You are over my poor head.smile

Packer is there something you do not understand of my example? I will happily explain this in another way.

4. Alastar Packer profile image71

No need, Kiss n Tale, I think I got the basics and thanks anyway:)

5. Kiss andTales profile image60

You are most welcome, and thank you for your getting back to me.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)