jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

How has your birth order helped you in life?

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 5 years ago

How has your birth order helped you in life?

2. profile image0
    Starmom41posted 5 years ago

I hope you don't mind if I pop in with a question: 
    do you believe all of the "birth order" theories are cancelled out when there's very large age gaps between siblings?

gmwilliamsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Pop, pop, pop in!   I am so glad to have you stop by.   Of course, when there are large gaps between each siblings of six years or more, then each child is considered to be the respective ONLY CHILD in the family.

2. profile image0
      Garifaliaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I agree with gmwilliams answer and I have seen that in my youngest child who has 12 and 10 years difference with his siblings. Jim is more like an only child.

3. profile image0
    Garifaliaposted 5 years ago

What an interesting question!
    Because I'm the first born, I've had to carry the weight of the family responsibilities both when my father was alive (Greek-couldn't speak Eglish well) and when he died (I was 19 at the time). That experience has made me a very strong person.
    You might find the following article interesting:

http://www.helium.com/items/2306017-bir … nd-finance

My mother was the oldest of 10, she had to carry the weight of the family also.    Her parents were Black Southern shareshoppers.     I know how you feel.   I have written lots of stuff on the birth order scenario, especially oldest children!

4. annerivendell profile image93
    annerivendellposted 5 years ago

I'm the youngest of six siblings from a very loving family. It has helped me in that I always knew that I was loved and so grew up with a strong sense of self-worth.

1. profile image0
      Garifaliaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

All of my life (until I got married that is) I had wanted an older brother. it was so tiring to have to be up front for everything. You were very lucky.

2. gmwilliams profile image86

As I have said many times over,  ANYONE who says that THEY love being part of a large to very large family, is often the YOUNGEST child.  The youngest child in such families have no responsibility and the longest childhood of all the sibilngs!

working