jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Have you ever experienced this?

1. sriparna profile image81
    sriparnaposted 5 years ago

Have you ever experienced this?

When you get up fresh from a deep sleep, you could resolve a tough problem easily which you were struggling with earlier?

2. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 5 years ago

Yes, because your mind is relaxed and refreshed and not racing so good ideas and inspirations can flow more smoothly.  You can get the same effect through practicing regular meditation smile because you quiet the mind and allow the answers to come to you, rather than stressing or chasing them.  That's when they elude you.

sriparnaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, yeah good sleep enables the damages cells and tissues to get repaired and hence we can think afresh. Meditation indeed declutters the mind.

3. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

For me, No. It takes me a good 30 minutes with help (caffeine) to really be fully awake.

Thanks, I also get lifted after having a cup of tea or coffee.

4. connorj profile image77
    connorjposted 5 years ago

Absolutely; I believe the "key" is getting up quickly from a deep (delta wavelength) sleep. Throughout history many inventions have manifested themselves to individuals (including Einstein, Edison...). 
    A recent german study (quantitative not qualitative) supports this. In the study participants performed a “number-reduction task” according to two rules that allowed them to transform strings of eight digits into a new string that fit the rules. A third rule was hidden in the pattern, and researchers monitored the test subjects continuously to see when they figure out the third rule. The group that got eight hours of sleep before tackling the problem was nearly three times more likely to figure out the rule than the group that stayed awake at night. Jan Born, who led the study, said the results support biochemical studies of the brain that indicate memories are restructured before they are stored. Creativity also appears to be enhanced in the process, (apparantly) he said.
    Born mentioned, “This restructuring might be occurring in such a way that the problem is easier to solve."

Thanks, it's a great insight!

working