How do you choose your doctors?

1. TahoeDoc profile image96
    TahoeDocposted 5 years ago

How do you choose your doctors?

For example, do you pick randomly from those in your health plan? Do you ask friends or family for recommendations? Do you research them on the internet at the medical board sites or on one of the rating sites (vitals.com, etc)? Or do you do some combination of these?

Are you usually satisfied with those you have chosen?

Just curious.

2. cynthtggt profile image78
    cynthtggtposted 5 years ago

By their politics.  If a doctor is liberal, he will fit his views accordingly.  If a doctor is conservative, the patient is more than a view.

3. Daughter Of Maat profile image97
    Daughter Of Maatposted 5 years ago

I'm a horrible patient. I use my intuition when choosing a physician from my insurance plan. I make my final decision based on the initial exam, with exception of the last doctor I choose...

I wasn't happy with my initial visit, but I decided to go for a second visit (again based on my intuition) and I'm SO glad I did. Being in the medical field, I have to have a doctor who will talk to me on my level, and not be intimidated by how much I know (not that I know everything, I absolutely do not, but I have found the amount I do know intimidates most PCP's). Because of this, it's very difficult for me to find a physician I'm happy with. Although I'm not completely happy with my current physician, I plan on staying with him until he retires. He's willing to listen to me, and that's hard to find (especially for me, which I'm sure you understand Tahoe lol)

big_smile

working