jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Why school bullying should be criminialized? Many children are irreparably dama

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 5 years ago

Why school bullying should be criminialized?  Many children are irreparably damage

as a result of school bullying.    Many bullies are so incessant in their bullying that many victims can no longer tolerate it and commit suicide and/or other self-destructive acts.

2. NathanielZhu profile image71
    NathanielZhuposted 5 years ago

I was one of those bullied which as you said almost lead to my suicide, but at the same time, it has helped me evolve a uniqueness that I draw from in everything I do.
    Don't forget many of the greatest people in the world came from a difficult life.

While it is unfortunate that many students are bullied, it would be even worse to criminalize "bullies" ie, by essentially bullying them. Take it from their perspective; many of them come from tough lives and we ought to e.brace them rather than the opposite.

3. profile image0
    Sunnie Dayposted 5 years ago

It is taken way too lightly and you are so right many cannot take it and take their own lives. As adults we are not allowed to hit each other, we will go to jail..It is time to stop saying..kids will be kids...I do think we need to look at each situation, looking into the home life and put the bully on the right track by making them accountable. I think there are underlying reasons why someone bully's and we have to dig deeper but never look the other way.

1. gmwilliams profile image86
      gmwilliamsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Amen to that.   In the work world, if an adult hits another adult, he/she is usually fired on the spot!   In many jobs, verbal harassment by one employee to another employee is simply not tolerated.  So why should there be leniency re: bullying!