This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How do you decide if you should continue education or not ?

1. esteria profile image60
    esteriaposted 5 years ago

How do you decide if you should continue education or not ?

2. peacockct profile image70
    peacockctposted 5 years ago

I would weigh a few options:
    (1) What is your final career goal? Your career may require a higher degree or more education experience. 
    (2) Would your career pay you more for a higher degree? Some positions pay a higher salary for someone with more education.
    (3) How are you going to pay for more education? Depending on the school, you might be able to work and take classes simultaneously. You may have to take out student loans to help pay for school. Some employers will pay part or all of your tuition if you can provide a form of guarantee that you will work for him or her for a set amount of time.
    (4) What do you want to do? It's really up to you. Some people are lifelong learners and take classes for their entire lives. Others take just enough. Everyone is different.

3. Lwelch profile image94
    Lwelchposted 5 years ago

How do you feel about learning?

What style of learning suits you best (school, hands on labor...)?

How much money do you need and what type of lifestyle do you want?

4. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

The question is, do I think I'm ready or do I want to know more? Honestly, I wish I could make money studying. It is what I've done for years and what I focus my life around. Which degrees should I get? How many more do I want? What others do I qualify for? Etc.

working