jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Why is it that in times of war, there seem to be more UFO sightings than at othe

1. whonunuwho profile image79
    whonunuwhoposted 5 years ago

Why is it that in times of war, there seem to be more UFO sightings than at other times?

When world problems, such as wars take place, do we see more instances of UFO sightings?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7111567_f260.jpg

2. ThompsonPen profile image80
    ThompsonPenposted 5 years ago

I would imagine it would be because the government is unleashing secret weapons or tools, or are testing them. I didn't know the UFO sightings went up though during these times. Makes sense though! smile

whonunuwhoposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Some were seen in WWII, and even in Vietnam. More people were out during those times and much more sightings occurred then.

3. whonunuwho profile image79
    whonunuwhoposted 5 years ago

Yes, they say that in WWII the incidences increased greatly,whether people were out watching skies more or there was indeed more UFO activity, is hard to differentiate.

4. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 5 years ago

I didn't realize this was the case, but I will mention something along that point if it is true. UFO sightings also seem to always occur in the Southwestern deserts of the United States where there happen to be a number of secure air force bases. Also, it is worth noting that UFO sightings first really started occuring after World War II. Finally, it only seems to be Americans who see these UFOs. My guess is that people have been seeing experimental aircraft all these years, which the government is not allowed to confirm or deny. That seems more plausible than aliens.

Plausibility is relative, my friend.UFOs have been seen around the globe by many races and described in drawings and on walls in foreign and local locations. There were also seen many aliens in strange appearances. Figures were carved of such.

5. cryptid profile image97
    cryptidposted 5 years ago

Have you ever overturned a rock and found two different kinds of ants fighting each other?  I have.  It was interesting to watch, but no doubt serious business for the ants.  Perhaps our alien friends have an increased interest in us during times of conflict and stress.  If they're studying us, it's reasonable to think that war would be a fascinating event for them to observe.  It's rough stuff for us, but for them it may just be a chance to collect data.

In WWII there weremany incidences of what was called "Foo Fighters" or entities that took part in the war against the German invaders.It was described by some who saw figures manning planes that were devoid of crew or all dead and yet still fighting.

6. scottcgruber profile image78
    scottcgruberposted 5 years ago

If this is true - I'd have to see some statistics on it first - I'd say the answer has to do with human psychology. During wars, our senses are probably amplified by fear and we are more likely to notice a strange light in the sky that we would otherwise ignore.

There's a very interesting example of this in the 1938 radio dramatization of War of the Worlds. The radio play presented the Martian invasion of Earth as a "breaking news" bulletin, which was a new invention in radio that brought listeners urgent developments from the escalating war in Europe. When Orson Welles and company broke into "regular programming" to report on an alien saucer attacking New Jersey, many listeners were fooled. Nationwide panic ensued, and police departments were swamped with calls from listeners who claimed to see Martian landers attacking their towns. Others hid in storm shelters and waited for the end of the world.

A follow-up study found that many of these listeners interpreted "Martians" as "Germans," and were convinced that it was Hitler invading Grover's Mill, not H.G.Wells' aliens. This seems silly now, but given the events in Europe at the time, this is an understandable confusion. If UFO sightings increase during wartime, it is likely a related psychological phenomenon.

working