What is your opinion on the existence of UFOs?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)
  1. Midianite profile image61
    Midianiteposted 12 years ago

What is your opinion on the existence of UFOs?

I have personally had a few sightings and am just wondering your stance on the topic.

2. Bretsuki profile image67
    Bretsukiposted 12 years ago

Hello, I believe UFO sightings fall into several categories. There are outright hoaxes. Sightings of explainable phenomena or man made objects and finally a small number of totally unexplainable objects.

Hoaxes are just that so no real need for explanation.

People may see explainable phenomena, ice clouds reflecting sunlight, an experimental aircraft etc. These are genuine cases of mistaken identification. People see an object in the sky and cannot initially rationally explain it, I have witnessed what many people thought was a UFO over my home town in England. It was a long key shaped object which appeared in a clear sky one afternoon. Considering the matter it was possibly a meteological balloon, the long thin body the stem of the key with the rounded top the ring on a key. Catching the sun at an unusual angle made it shine, then as the angle change the reflected light moved in a different direction, many claimed its sudden disappearance was a rapid acceleration in its speed.

The final groups are items which defy normal explanation, you can include in this ball lightning which still needs some study.

Do I think many sightings are of extra-terrestrial origin, no. I don't doubt there is extra-terrestrial life elsewhere in the universe, but I think most UFO sightings are of phenomena found naturally here on earthh or man-made objects rather than beings from other planets.

3. The Ghostwriter profile image82
    The Ghostwriterposted 12 years ago

I think if they were really smart they make themselves look like us and use flying objects that look like ours .....actually I'm convinced that a lot of the people that work in our stores are aliens!

4. American View profile image60
    American Viewposted 12 years ago

While I have never seem a UFO, I think it would be small of us to think that with all that space out there that something does not exist

5. ShootersCenter profile image67
    ShootersCenterposted 12 years ago

We are just a tiny speck of dust in the universe, it would be crazy to believe that we are the only life out there. We don't even know what all is on our own planet on land or sea so I definitely believe that there is other life out there but what and where are the real questions.

6. peterxdunn profile image60
    peterxdunnposted 12 years ago

They are here. When astronauts (and Russian cosmonauts), airline pilots, Belgian jet interceptor pilots (with targetting radar evidence) and policemen/women: people that could be regarded as expert witnesses, are reporting sightings then simply denying the existence of UFOs becomes somewhat ludicrous.

Please google this phrase "the disclosure project": listen to expert testimony.

They are here. The question should be: 'why are they here?'.

7. Midianite profile image61
    Midianiteposted 12 years ago

@ peterxdunn, I've watched The Disclosure Project in its entirety, it is very good.

p.s I've written 2 hubs about sightings I've had - both times were with witnesses.

8. Jonesy0311 profile image60
    Jonesy0311posted 12 years ago

Well, I have never seen a UFO, but have done a bit of research. By definition, Unidentified Flying Objects obviously exist. The U.S. Government in the past has investigated these sightings (Projects Blue Book & Grudge notably) and found that about 10% are unexplainable. Therefore, to say UFOs are fake, you MUST discount every sighting. We just need to get off of our high horse and realize that we may not be the pinnacle of creation.

9. Abhaque Supanjang profile image73
    Abhaque Supanjangposted 12 years ago

I don't believe on it at all....! I'm sure, all phenomena shown on UFO are done by design by some people or groups of people that want to create an assumption among public on them. If UFO is something coming from the outer space, I and the people in my town, Payakumbuh will also be able to see it. But, the reality have shown that matter only appear at some certain places in this world; it means, it is someone from that country that have designed it.

10. froch profile image61
    frochposted 12 years ago

In my opinion, galaxy is to big for one human civilization ;]

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)