What do you think about extra credit?

1. sholland10 profile image92
    sholland10posted 5 years ago

What do you think about extra credit?

As teachers, do you allow extra credit?  Do you insist on it fitting with your curriculum or do you allow different forms of extra credit?

2. ladybluewriter profile image63
    ladybluewriterposted 5 years ago

Extra credit is one of those things a student is doing extra. That means that he or she wanted to go beyond the normal. I think teachers need to push that limit with the children. It inspires them to do more than is expected.  I have found over the years that the most talented and intelligent of children never get challenged enough. Many of them are bored with school. Teachers need to do more to make that happen. I am a veteran teacher and understand where they are coming from.

3. joanwz profile image75
    joanwzposted 5 years ago

I am not a teacher, however, as a college student (I went to college late in life), I loved extra credit and bonus questions on tests. I frequently made use of both and in many cases, it made the difference between a grade of A and a grade of B. Maybe it's just my maturity speaking here, but I think shows which students are willing to go the exta mile to understand the material.