jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What is wrong with the world and how do we fix it?

1. andrew savage profile image61
    andrew savageposted 5 years ago

What is wrong with the world and how do we fix it?

2. thewritingowl profile image84
    thewritingowlposted 5 years ago

That is a tough one to answer, there is so much how do you narrow it down to anything less than 200,000 words? I suppose the fact that we are all living in a false world really i.e. what it portrayed in the media as going on and what is really going on behind closed doors varies hugely. I have files full of facts and figures on what is really happening here in Ireland and to some extent globally in relation to the 'Politics behind Autism,' but the official spin on it all bears little relevance to the reality of the situation that is being dispersed through slick PR and Social Media. How do we fix the widespread distortion of the facts through social media manipulation?

Yes I know you would think that you just need to reveal the true facts and figures to the world to change the situation? Unfortunately though no because our societies are all run by advertising revenue and that is being supplied in abundance by those who have the most to gain by selling their version of the truth to us all.

Also another serious bone of contention of mine as to what is wrong with world is that we are rapidly depleting our planet of all its natural resources at a frightening  pace and this has already started to have adverse affects on us all. We are seriously biting the hands that feeds us and are not thinking of our children's futures in terms of conservation, renewable energy and at the end of the day the health of our own bodies.

In the past 200 hundred years or so our diets have changed rapidly as well as our living style and lets face it folks we are seriously unhealthy cancer has skyrocketed as have autoimmune diseases, Autism statistics are now seriously out of control and yet we continue to handle the situation by throwing more fuel onto the fire. 

Then again though what can you do? If a few lone voices do decide to shout, 'stop what the hell are we doing to our planet and ourselves?' Those few lone protesters are quickly put back into their boxes by the media and the powers that be who naturally have a huge financial vested interest in keeping things exactly as they are thank you very much.

Knowing what is wrong is easy ...this is just the tip of the iceberg but fixing it? I don't have a clue unfortunately, it seems impossible in the current ethos.

3. Angelladywriter profile image65
    Angelladywriterposted 5 years ago

We must learn to truly love one another. Saying, "I love you," can easily be expressed but is it genuine. When we allow our heart to lead our thinking, careful consideration is vital because the heart can be treacherous and desperate. It can lead us to be drawn closer to certain people because we are familiar with them or because they look like us. This type of behavior can lead to hatred or prejudices. That is why it is so important we learn how to show genuine love based on what our Grand Creator teaches through our study of the Bible. We also have the perfect example of Jesus Christ, who demonstrated perfect love while on earth. Although we are not perfect, we can demonstrate love based on accurate knowledge from God's word. Genuine love for each other will fix the problems of the world because no one would hurt others or themselves.

4. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 5 years ago

How about a hard question? Initially I would say religion, which is the millstone around the neck of society which keeps us from progressing as a species. But you can't make religion go away without taking away democratic liberties. So perhaps better education that is universal (science and math are universal) will help religion go away on its own. But even then, you can't make people learn something if their parents and religious leaders don't want them to learn it, unless you become tyrannical. You can always get the corporate networks and film distributors to go along by making them propagandize science and diminish the influence of religion. But even then, the film and TV industries are full of religious nuts. There will always be independent filmmakers who'll make religious films. Ultimately I think the religious people will stop watching TV and keep home schooling so that they are never forced to question their faith. Finally, IF we are going to continue taxing income and corporate profits, we can't let these for-profit religious centers off the hook anymore. We have to tax their property and income just like we would any other business. No more special treatment. I think if we continue secularizing everything, taxing all religious centers, and talking of science as fact in our government, educational establishments, and major media outlets, it will tighten the screws on the religious people, who will find solace in either isolation (like Mennonites) or violent extremism (all religions eventually turn to this). We can't help that. In this way, we haven't made religion illegal. We're simply educating the world with facts instead of superstition and faith. The extremism will develop on its own and lead to an unfortunate “war” (which we have already declared against all religious extremism) and perhaps a leveling of societies. The key is to never make religion illegal. We simply have to make it ridiculous and not profitable.

working