jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What does it mean when you dream about people that you know you won't ever see a

1. Goody5 profile image65
    Goody5posted 5 years ago

What does it mean when you dream about people that you know you won't ever see again?

2. kj force profile image71
    kj forceposted 5 years ago

Sometimes it is a sign of guilt..perhaps you unknowingly feel you did a wrong to them...and sometimes it is the fact you did not get to finalize the relationship , such as having something to share with them and put it off thinking " there's always tomorrow " and when it came it was too late...sometimes regrets and sometimes just  a human feeling of " miss you "....just my thoughts

3. profile image0
    Garifaliaposted 5 years ago

A funny thing dreams are. When I see my deceased mother, it's always a warning about something. When it's colleagues from the States, it means nostalgia. When I see someone I haven't seen for a long time, it usually means I'll see them sometime soon. I believe it means something different for each of us dreamers.

4. rjbatty profile image83
    rjbattyposted 5 years ago

According to Carl Jung, the famed Swiss psychoanalyst who did more investigation and study regarding the symbolism of dreams than anyone before or since, almost every aspect of our dreams represent a message for the conscious self. 

Dreaming about old friends suggests that each of these individuals represent a specific aspect of your own psyche.  The unconscious mind has fitted friends or foes into symbolic categories, which sometimes become enlivened when a particular problem is presented to us in our conscious lives. 

As an introduction to the vast journals of Jung, start off by reading "Memories, Dreams and Reflections." 

I have read probably read three-quarters of his works, and my mind has been expanded a hundred times.  I can wake up now and know instantly what the "behind-the-scenes" story is trying to communicate ... at least most of the time.

What is interesting to me is that in my dreams I'm thrust into some kind of confrontation with an old girlfriend.  Trying to figure out a meaning to our dreams is not always easy.  I'm also particularly impressed when my unconscious mind creates a totally unknown female with whom I have a great attachment.  (Read about Jung's analysis of the anima.) 

I'd like for my dreams to always be about rainbows, flying with a great love via giant beautiful butterfly wings, but my dreams tend to be more problematic and filled with uncertainty.  I have extremely few euphoric dreams compared to those that border on being nightmares.

5. Lisa Luv profile image75
    Lisa Luvposted 5 years ago

I like to think that you meet them in other realms to do what is needed to be done...It happens a lot to me....Sometimes I worry psychic wise it means there is something substantial happening in  there lives at that time or maybe they are just thinking of  me?

6. connorj profile image75
    connorjposted 5 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7354613_f260.jpg

It is quite simple (on the surface). I believe it is a message from someone about something of importance. Since our brain hangs onto thoughts by association; seeing a particular person in your mind (dreams) is a subconscious association to the long-term memory... It is like a trigger or perhaps a catylst... Therefore, what you must discern, is the primary association that you built in your mind about that particular person. However, this (of course) is easier said then done...

working