jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you think that kids should go to preschool or is it better to wait for kinder

1. CWanamaker profile image97
    CWanamakerposted 5 years ago

Do you think that kids should go to preschool or is it better to wait for kindergarten?

2. justateacher profile image82
    justateacherposted 5 years ago

I think that any extra learning children can have before kindergarten is good. If that happens in a preschool or in the child's home, it doesn't make any difference. Children need to be exposed to numerous forms of learning  before they begin school. The more they are exposed to, the better they do once in school.

3. abbykorinnelee profile image74
    abbykorinneleeposted 5 years ago

All of my kids have gone to preschool.  The kindergarten programs were all academic based and it provided some basics of the alphabet and math so they weren't behind when they started.  They knew how to write their names and basic social skills and how to follow classroom directions.  I found a few studies that support a child does better through school and more go to college if they went to preschool but I don't know how many are correlational or cause and effect findings.  I like preschool for my own kids.

4. nanderson500 profile image85
    nanderson500posted 5 years ago

Preschool is good for getting kids prepared. I went to preschool when I was 4 and 5 and I think it helped. It seems like kindergarten would be a pretty tough adjustment for kids who never went to preschool. I guess some people even skip kindergarten and start on first grade, which would probably be really tough.