Do you strongly believe in the old adage that consistently bragging in relation

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 5 years ago

Do you strongly believe in the old adage that  consistently bragging in relation

to one's abilities is a sign of an inherent inferiority complex ?    Many people who strongly assert how smart, well off, and/or educated they are upon further investigation, possess little of none of the qualities that they supposedly have.   Whereas people who often are smart, well off, and/or educated seldom broadcast these factors unless it is appropriate to do so.

2. NathanielZhu profile image73
    NathanielZhuposted 5 years ago

"Appropriate to do so".
    I'm not sure we can assume only "smart" people "brag" when appropriate. Wouldn't the people who brag all the time also assume it is always appropriate to brag?

I think bragging all the time is more often is habitual behavior rather than inferiority/superiority complex but I'm sure it's a mixture of the three. I'm not a psychologist so i can't say for sure.

3. tussin profile image60
    tussinposted 5 years ago

I notice that people who are always bragging about stuff often brag about things that are unnoteworthy.  It seems the more they brag, the more trivial their accomplishments are.

Let's take  writers on hubpages.  There are some people who occasionally brag about real books they've published (with real publishers) or media appearances, but that's ok because those things are worth bragging about.

Then there are people who constantly non-stop brag about their self-published books and Wizzley articles.  Self-publishing and posting articles on Wizzley are fine, but bragging about it is lame since anyone with a few braincells can do the same thing.

So yeah, I think that excessive tooting of one's horn is a sign of mediocrity.

working