jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Hello Atheist, please consider the question below.

1. k12rswow profile image61
    k12rswowposted 5 years ago

Hello Atheist, please consider the question below.

Psalms 14:1
    The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

I (K12) was this fool.  I now have Jesus, therefore I have truth to navigate my works, and strive to do good.
    What tools do you possess to navigate life?

2. JessBraz profile image92
    JessBrazposted 5 years ago

I am an atheist.
    I do no believe in god. I find no comfort in organized religion.

I, however, completely respect anybodys right to believe in God, Buddha, Allah, or whatever/whomever you choose to pray to... Everybody has a different path in life, and everyone gets comfort, advice, support or love from different sources. We don't all have to believe in the same thing.

I have my family and my friends. My parents raised me to stand up for myself, work hard and always do what I feel is right....

I'm also a big fan of Jiminy Cricket... Always let your conscience be your guide. smile That conscience doesn't always have to be led by God.

3. k12rswow profile image61
    k12rswowposted 5 years ago

Thank you JB.  You answered honestly.  Therefore, do you think the majority of the people in the world do what is right in their own eye's?

4. JimTxMiller profile image77
    JimTxMillerposted 5 years ago

I have the conscience with which I was born, the instruction of a caring family and community in my youth and the intellectual freedom to think critically for myself. Works just fine for me.

5. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 5 years ago

Tool #1: I don't indiscriminately refer to others whom I don't know as "fools". I do however, spend more time analyzing and judging myself than I do judging others. This constant self-critique has made me successful in life.

Tool #2: I have the ability to reason and a desire to absorb and process facts. I don't rely on luck, superstition, or intuition to find my way. I make my own luck, I educate myself, I prepare for the worst, and I hope for the best.

Tool #3: I stay easy-going, yet loyal and sincere. I remain polite and pleasant, but I can be trusted.

Tool #4: I study history and look at everything through an historical context.

6. MisterShives profile image61
    MisterShivesposted 5 years ago

I have self drive, motivation, empathy and I can live without a book telling me what to do.

1. k12rswow profile image61
      k12rswowposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Shives, Not to offend, but your answer mirrors all the rest.  Many atheist think their way is the correct way.  People who believe in Jesus are in the minority, so I would think that the condition of the world is left to people who do what is right i

working