jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Is it really possible to turn an unexpected, seemingly unpleasant incident, into

1. pstraubie48 profile image86
    pstraubie48posted 4 years ago

Is it really possible to turn an unexpected, seemingly unpleasant incident, into a lovely adventure?

Is it possible to make proverbial lemonade from those lemons we may sometimes have fall in our pathway?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7740004_f260.jpg

2. JimTxMiller profile image77
    JimTxMillerposted 4 years ago

Yes, it is. It's all a matter of perception, how you choose ti look at the situation.

3. rainpurplewine profile image83
    rainpurplewineposted 4 years ago

Yes, You can always turn a frown upside down.  Find the positive and go with it to change the situation.

4. annart profile image86
    annartposted 4 years ago

Yes.  It's all a state of mind.  For example, I should be in Stavanger, Norway, today; instead I'm sitting at home.  The cruise was for 2 weeks, to see the Northern Lights.  We spent 2 days on the cruise ship at the dockside - already diverted to an unscheduled port - waiting for safety checks to be made, seeing lifeboats go up and down all day, not being told what was happening, only to be told eventually that the cruise was cancelled.
    We had a good laugh, met some lovely people, had some superb food, were treated wonderfully by the staff and got lots of exercise walking up and down the steps from deck to deck.  It taught me a lot about human nature (some people were very shirty and downright rude to the staff) and taught me that it's better to be safe than sorry.  Better to go home than sail on the Titanic!

1. annart profile image86
      annartposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you so much for the vote!  Much appreciated.

working