When some of life's worst things come your way, is it really possible to be upbe

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)
  1. pstraubie48 profile image81
    pstraubie48posted 11 years ago

When some of life's worst things come your way, is it really possible to be upbeat and positive?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7833402_f260.jpg

2. L.L. Woodard profile image69
    L.L. Woodardposted 11 years ago

It is possible to remain positive even in the face of adversity and times of intense stress. It likely requires effort to control thoughts and attitudes and ignore negativity and feelings of anxiety and stress, but it is possible. It's even probable if your everyday way of thinking promotes a positive attitude.

3. brakel2 profile image74
    brakel2posted 11 years ago

In the beginning, it can create obsessive thinking. Then you must create coping skills to get you through it. You need a support group, meditation and other relaxation techniques, and exercise, nourishing food. Keep smiling and learn to be positive. Helping others can also help you.

4. sarovai profile image73
    sarovaiposted 11 years ago

How you response to the worst situation, is the one makes whether you are experience the worst and being with it, or you are experience the worst by being out side of it. If you choose the second way, you are looking the best from the worst. If you choose the first way, you are looking the worst from the worst. For example, your friend may experience in his or her life a worst thing , which makes suffer his or her life. His or her response to his life is limited , so he or she can't able to overcome , thus limiting their life, by being with it. When you advise for the choices in their life, you also experiencing the worst of theirs, but being out side of it. So, you are advising them how to overcome the worst thing. So , given a time, everybody can approach the worst thing in a positive way.

5. liesl5858 profile image83
    liesl5858posted 11 years ago

yes, it is possible but not easy. It depends how strong a person is when dealing with worst scenarios in life. Sometimes, we feel like giving up and just curl up indoors and not face the situation but it is not the answer really. When faced with a bad situation, I try and analyse it, see what I can do about it. But if I can't handle it on my own I will definitely ask for help. Don't forget to pray as well  because God listens to us.

6. MPG Narratives profile image60
    MPG Narrativesposted 11 years ago

When bad things happen it is hard to keep positive but bad things happen to everyone and in times of stress we need to remember we are not alone. Talk about your issues with someone close or if you need to seek professional help. Positive thinking really does work to relieve stress but at times you also need to be kind to yourself and go with the flow.

7. Lor's Stories profile image59
    Lor's Storiesposted 11 years ago

Last year I was given a difficult diagnosis. My skull had fallen and was pressing on my brainstem.
    They had to do surgery. I was out with friends one night and I said if they ever needed nuts and bolts they could borrow a few from my neck.
    I joke that I am screwed up since the surgery,
    If you take everything seriously you won't make it through
    the hard times.
    I told my mom if I died just ship me via UPS to my burial spot,
    But I'm still here.
    A little worse for the hardware but I try hard to stay up beat.

However I've told everyone to stop putting ace hardware in me.
    The hardware shuts my TV off. Isn't that weird? It freaks me out.

1. Lor's Stories profile image59
      Lor's Storiesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks. We were just talking about the funny side of a very serious Healh scare,
      I remember I was too scared to take it serious. I just said let's get it over with.
      When I woke up I cried. And pretended I didn't know where I was.
      Blame it on drugs:)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)