jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Who Was Ferdinand Magellan?

1. PhoenixV profile image71
    PhoenixVposted 4 years ago

Who Was Ferdinand Magellan?

What is a biography of Ferdinand Magellan?

2. Rawila profile image62
    Rawilaposted 4 years ago

in my view i think he was explorer,who made discoveries in new lands known to most of us.in history

3. liesl5858 profile image86
    liesl5858posted 4 years ago

Yes, Ferdinand Magellan came to the Philippines and landed at the island of Mactan in Cebu City. I don't remember everything about him, all I know is he conquered the Philippines.

4. Tusitala Tom profile image61
    Tusitala Tomposted 4 years ago

A biography is the life story of a man or woman written by someone else.  Such a book is usually undertaken because of the interest of the author in that person.   An autobiography is when a person writes their own life story.

Ferdinand Megellan - without me looking him up on the Internet and just going from memory -  was a Portugese explorer way back in the 1500s.  He was, if I'm recalling this right, the captain of the first ship which ever sailed right around the world.   He didn't make it, dying at sea when the ship was on the way home.  But he had a lot of places around the world named after him, including the Straits of Magellan at the southern end of South America.   A ship could but through here without going right down to the very south around Cape Horn.

Hope this helps.