jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

What would it be like without the moon?

1. lumen2light profile image81
    lumen2lightposted 4 years ago

What would it be like without the moon?

Our moon is slowly moving away from Earth. How would you feel without the moon in the sky? How would it affect astrology, tides and weather paterns?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7974948_f260.jpg

2. Borsia profile image45
    Borsiaposted 4 years ago

Essentially life as we know it wouldn't exist without the moon's influence on tides, currents and weather.
    How we might personally feel looking at the always empty (moonwise) sky I think we all relate to the moon in one way or another.

3. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 4 years ago

Total darkness, no tides, no misbehavior during a full moon. smile

4. profile image0
    MysticMoonlightposted 4 years ago

I, for one, would feel lost. I love and appreciate the moon very much and rely on its energy for comfort, healing, renewal, cleansing, empowerment and solace, just to name a few. Not to mention its amazing beauty. It is lovely to sit and bask in the moon's glow and soak up its energy, just like the importance of getting the sun's healing and cleansing, etc. benefits. For me, the moon is equally beneficial and important so therefore I can't imagine not having it there for us all to enjoy and benefit from.
    As for astrology, tides, and weather patterns, oh my! What a mess we and our world would be! I think that people often think less of the importance of the moon and the role that it plays in our world. What would our planet be without our tides, etc.? I can hardly begin to think of the disaster our world would become!
    Good question here, thanks for getting me thinking smile

1. lumen2light profile image81
      lumen2lightposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Love your sentiments; the moon is such an iconic symbol that affects everyone in different ways.

2. profile image0
      MysticMoonlightposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, and I agree, it certainly does smile

5. whonunuwho profile image78
    whonunuwhoposted 4 years ago

Poets would be sorrowful and many lost, for without a moon, a main subject in many written works, would be a sad day. Fairies would stumble with lack of fond moonbeams to guide the way. Scientists would scratch their bald heads and the tides would change no more. The moon.s gravitational pull draws the tides in and out. It would mostly have an effect on the psyche of many people and might influence bird migrations and plant growth, as well. Many animal species would be severely affected, because many are nocturnal and feed at night by the light of the moon.The moons orbit may affect the seasons if missing, and the ancient ones who relied on its shape, to tell the time of the year.No moon, and half our hearts would be missing.

1. profile image0
      MysticMoonlightposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Well said whonunuwho smile

6. 1701TheOriginal profile image99
    1701TheOriginalposted 4 years ago

Though it may be hard to imagine a world without the moon, many have dared to wonder. What results from its absence has more profound effects than we could have known. read more

working