jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

What is OLD really?

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago

What is OLD really?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8004121_f260.jpg

2. Souther29 profile image82
    Souther29posted 4 years ago

I don't think old exists. In the physical sense, yes you'll get grey hairs, your body will physically age and get slightly weaker over time perhaps but I personally think it's a state of mind.

Some people say that actually once you hit retirement age then that's when life really begins as you have no added stress through work, hopefully have saved a decent money for a good pension, can travel around and have more time for hobbies.

I'm 29 but probably still act like a 20 year old... some say 29 is getting old... crazy really.

It is clicheed but you really are as old as you feel. Live how you want to live and don't feel constricted by life stages and what you're meant to earn by a certain age or when you're meant to be married etc. All happens organically.

gmwilliamsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Great insightful answer, great analysis of the question.

3. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

It depends on where (you) are in a life span. When you were 20 you probably thought being 60 was old. However if you are 58 or 59 you probably think otherwise! LOL!
    The older one becomes the more they consider physical abilities/health as part of the age equation. There are 70 year olds who jog two miles everyday and lead active lives. Raquel Welch is still considered "hot" and she's 72. Tina Turner just got married at 71 and still has great legs. By the same token I've known people in their late 50s and 60s sitting around in nursing homes waiting for their last sunset.

4. JimTxMiller profile image76
    JimTxMillerposted 4 years ago

Old is purely and simply a state of mind.

gmwilliamsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Another excellent and insightful answer to the question.

working