jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

Are you an adult?

1. tonymead60 profile image93
    tonymead60posted 4 years ago

Are you an adult?

If so what age did you grow up?

2. phtech profile image81
    phtechposted 4 years ago

Yes I am. I think the age differs for everyone, but I think I was mature enough to be considered an adult at 16.

3. LailaK profile image74
    LailaKposted 4 years ago

I am an adult. I would say I grew up at the age of 17. Good question!

4. peeples profile image93
    peeplesposted 4 years ago

Yes, however I am constantly rethinking so when I "grew up" keeps changing. In a sense we never stop "growing up". I will be 30 this year. While I thought I was grown at 16, 18, 21, 24, and so on I realize now that mentally growing never stops. I continue to grow up even now. By law I was considered an adult when I was emancipated, but I will continue growing up until I die.

1. phtech profile image81
      phtechposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Great point. Thumbs up.

5. connorj profile image76
    connorjposted 4 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8037551_f260.jpg

No not yet anyways; I feel like I am 13 although in terms of chronlogical age I am actually 13 for the 4th time. I still get way to much enjoyment playing ice hockey and although it is difficult for me to admit this publically I love to "play" jokes on friends and family. My children and better-half tell me almost daily that I am so - not -funny; yet I continue to think I am full of comic relief; thus another sign of immaturity... A few years ago when I was traveling with two other friends to an old timers hockey tourney in Florida; our "good" friend in the passenger seat fell asleep; so my other friend, the driver, gently pulled his mustang into the shoulder and we simultaneously yelled -out, AWWW! We're GOING TO CRASH! as my friend accelerated on the shoulder and eventually calmly moved back into the slow-lane. How sadly immature was our action! Yet I and my friend couldn't stop laughing. Of course our other friend was angry, upset and fuming; yet he eventually acclimated and also became somewhat immature at least for awhile.  I am a lost-case; maybe someday I will reach that age of adult...

6. bankscottage profile image95
    bankscottageposted 4 years ago

I think you become an adult when you are mature enough to: entertain yourself, entertain others, and entertain a new idea.  Some become 'adults' well before age 18 and others never become adults.

7. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

Oh that's a hard one. In many ways I was a grown up child having alcoholic parents.  But when I think about it, probably I really became an adult with the birth of my first child. That is the moment when what I wanted and needed became a distant second to what she would need or want from me as her mother. I was 30 at the time.

8. erorantes profile image50
    erorantesposted 4 years ago

Yes, It is not easy to be an adult. Too many responsabilies. But I can do what ever. I want with out braking the law. I can drive and work. And I  buy. What ever I like.if I can  afford  the price.

working