jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why is the world such a miserable place?

1. jabelufiroz profile image73
    jabelufirozposted 4 years ago

Why is the world such a miserable place?

2. rusticyeti profile image68
    rusticyetiposted 4 years ago

It's not. It's just your mind. The world is filled with beauty, everywhere.

3. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

The world status is whatever (you) decide to focus on.
    Right now there's someone sipping on mai tais in Hawaii, another person is tanning on the Allure Cruise ship, someone else is parasailing in Cancun, another person has just been notified they "got the job", a young couple has been blessed with their fiirst baby, another couple is getting married this weekend, someone just won the lottery, and the list goes on and on....

Sometimes just because (we) are not happy with our own lives in the moment we tend to believe the whole world is in the toliet.

4. Sri T profile image79
    Sri Tposted 4 years ago

Because people do not know how to remain happy. Children are happy, but as they grow up, parents, schools and later jobs, personal problems and world problems take up too much of their thoughts. They start to take life too seriously and they lose the natural joy that they had as a child. They also become disappointed if life does not turn out to be what they wanted it to be. Happiness is always possible. Some people know the technique. Each person is different so they will have to discover their own way to happiness. Everybody is not miserable. Some people do know how to be happy. I know I do. I learned how to return to happiness.

5. profile image0
    Sarra Garrettposted 4 years ago

People don't know how to help other people anymore.  Treat others the way you want to be treated, be kind to your neighbors, don't beat your kids.  The world has too much going on and it's not simple as it once was.  The economy sucks, there are no jobs, our government doesn't trust us visa versa.  If every person payed it forward everyday and made someone smile, it would be a much better place to live.

working