jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

What would the US Constitution look like if it changed as often as the Bible?

1. andrew savage profile image60
    andrew savageposted 4 years ago

What would the US Constitution look like if it changed as often as the Bible?

2. profile image0
    Ben Blackwellposted 4 years ago

I don't know exactly how often the Bible changes, but the Bible has been around much longer than the US Constitution.  It is quite possible that once the US Constitution has been around for that long, it will have the same amount of changes.

andrew savageposted 4 years agoin reply to this

The Bible changes with every new publication. I suppose it is very important to continue guarding our original Constitution from the threat of foreign and domestic terrorists.

3. Benjimester profile image94
    Benjimesterposted 4 years ago

There are 27 amendments in the constitution.  That's almost as much text as the original document.

How would you feel if the legislative process brought about a revised edition each year with editations in equal measure to the Bible's alterations?

2. Benjimester profile image94
      Benjimesterposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I guess you're talking about updates in the language or something?  I guess I'm confused.  The Bible is updated because people don't read ancient Greek and Hebrew anymore, and they don't want to read the Old English vernacular of the King James.

3. andrew savage profile image60

Not necessarily, there are never really updates to established language, but there are updates to people's interpretation of the words expressed in language. People update the Bible because their interpretations change, thus they change the words.

working