jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

What are the 10 worst things parents say to their children when comparing one ch

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago

What are the 10 worst things parents say to their children when comparing one child to another?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8170277_f260.jpg

2. fpherj48 profile image75
    fpherj48posted 4 years ago

OH dear me, gmwilliams.....I'm afraid all I have to say is:  THE FIRST DAMNED HORRIBLE THING A PARENT CAN DO.....IS COMPARE ONE CHILD TO ANOTHER!
    Good grief.  Each child is an individual, have their own gifts and qualities, talents, virtues and perhaps vices.......I have 4 adult sons.....each as different from one another as can be.  Each one as also as special and unique as they were meant to be.  I adore all 4 with all of my heart and appreciate each son for WHO he is.....and of course may have pet peeves with each (that are not to be publicized).
    NEVER MIND the 10 worst things parents say when "COMPARING" one child to another!!   What sort of human being would even consider such an egregious activity??!!   This makes me cringe just thinking about it.
    Hey kids out there!!   If your parents are ignorant enough to tell you that one of your siblings is better, cuter, smarter than you?  MOVE out and find some decent parents, honey!!!

1. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I know fpherj! Many parents just do not care It is so sad it makes my blood crawl Many children have to endure this.One of my ex coworkers routinely compared her introverted child to her extroverted sister.The introverted child DISOWNED her mom.

2. fpherj48 profile image75
      fpherj48posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Bless her heart!   Despite what her unenlightened mother thought.......she is obviously quite smart and courageous!

3. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Some "families" are toxic so the BEST thing to do is to DISASSOCIATE. Life is too short to deal with ANY type of abuse.  My rule is if there is NO love, respect, or support from parents, DON'T tolerate. Dissociate & find good adult models elsewhe

working