What in YOUR ASSESSMENT are the FOUR VERY WORST THINGS parents can do to their children?
1. Being a "Dream Killer"- Shooting down their dreams & self-esteem.
2. Choosing to be their "best friends" instead of their parents.
3. Failure to emphasize the importance of education and income.
4. Not encouraging them to become independent & self reliant adults.
Intentionally have a child by yourself
Have a child with an abusive man hoping it will change him (overwhelming odds it won't)
Having a child and not giving it up for adoption when you know you're unlikely to be able to care for it properly, whether due to addiction or emotional instabilities
Trying to take back a toddler after it was in the process of adoption
Not being prepared to have each child (financially, physically, mentally, etc.) would be number one in my opinion. Number two would be not setting a good example by living that example with regards to morals, standards, education, career, and other important areas of life. I say that number three is abuse or neglect of your child. These two things are all to common and include but aren't limited to a lack of encouragement, lack of support, or not showing and saying that you love your child as well as physical and verbal abuse.
Lastly, I say that number four are parents who believe that children of any age should be seen and not heard. This is very limiting and damaging to any child's potential, all so a parent can be less involved in shaping their child (this enables lazy parenting). Children do not ask to be born, the decision to create life needs to be handled with extreme care. Yet, far too many "adults" cannot be bothered to do so.
(1) Being a soul destroying, even soul devouring parents who diminish their children's goals, dreams, & aspirations.
(2) Never praising nor seeing anything positive about their children.
(3) Demanding & programming their children to live the parents' unfulfilled & unrealized dreams.
(4) Knowingly & purposely having children that the parents can't afford, thereby relegating their children to have a socioeconomically deprived childhood of poverty & reduced opportunities to develop such children's talents.
(5) Having more children than they can afford, resulting in very little individualized parental time & attention. Besides that, condemning such children into a lifestyle of lack & struggle w/severely diminished educational & socioeconomic opportunities.
(6) Playing favorites with children, having one child be the favorite w/preferential treatment that other children in the family DON'T & WON'T ever receive. Conversely, having one child who is disfavored, receiving worse treatment than the other children in the family.
1. Being too controlling 2. Not letting the child grow up 3. Can't let go 4. Do not listen
by Grace Marguerite Williams 6 years ago
What are the 10 worst things parents say to their children when comparing one child to another?
by Grace Marguerite Williams 6 years ago
What are the 10 things parents ROUTINELY do to destroy a child's self-confidence?
by Charlu 5 years ago
What do you think is one of the worst things about owning a dog or cat and is it worth it?
by magga 11 years ago
Today I was talking to my boyfriend on MSN, it had been nice, talkin about a lot of things. Then he suddenly said:"I need to tell you something, call me".I was left stunned. I mean, he has said things like that before. For example I was talking to him through text message (when I was in...
by Grace Marguerite Williams 5 years ago
What are the 10 worst things that a parent can do to an underachieving child?
by Victoria Lynn 19 months ago
What are your thoughts about not having children?So many people want to have children, and they question those couples as to when they are going to have children? Are they really asking "when not?" or why not?
Copyright © 2019 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
HubPages Inc, a part of Maven Inc.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|