What in YOUR ASSESSMENT are the FOUR VERY WORST THINGS parents can do to their children?
1. Being a "Dream Killer"- Shooting down their dreams & self-esteem.
2. Choosing to be their "best friends" instead of their parents.
3. Failure to emphasize the importance of education and income.
4. Not encouraging them to become independent & self reliant adults.
Intentionally have a child by yourself
Have a child with an abusive man hoping it will change him (overwhelming odds it won't)
Having a child and not giving it up for adoption when you know you're unlikely to be able to care for it properly, whether due to addiction or emotional instabilities
Trying to take back a toddler after it was in the process of adoption
Not being prepared to have each child (financially, physically, mentally, etc.) would be number one in my opinion. Number two would be not setting a good example by living that example with regards to morals, standards, education, career, and other important areas of life. I say that number three is abuse or neglect of your child. These two things are all to common and include but aren't limited to a lack of encouragement, lack of support, or not showing and saying that you love your child as well as physical and verbal abuse.
Lastly, I say that number four are parents who believe that children of any age should be seen and not heard. This is very limiting and damaging to any child's potential, all so a parent can be less involved in shaping their child (this enables lazy parenting). Children do not ask to be born, the decision to create life needs to be handled with extreme care. Yet, far too many "adults" cannot be bothered to do so.
(1) Being a soul destroying, even soul devouring parents who diminish their children's goals, dreams, & aspirations.
(2) Never praising nor seeing anything positive about their children.
(3) Demanding & programming their children to live the parents' unfulfilled & unrealized dreams.
(4) Knowingly & purposely having children that the parents can't afford, thereby relegating their children to have a socioeconomically deprived childhood of poverty & reduced opportunities to develop such children's talents.
(5) Having more children than they can afford, resulting in very little individualized parental time & attention. Besides that, condemning such children into a lifestyle of lack & struggle w/severely diminished educational & socioeconomic opportunities.
(6) Playing favorites with children, having one child be the favorite w/preferential treatment that other children in the family DON'T & WON'T ever receive. Conversely, having one child who is disfavored, receiving worse treatment than the other children in the family.
1. Being too controlling 2. Not letting the child grow up 3. Can't let go 4. Do not listen
by Grace Marguerite Williams4 years ago
What are the 10 worst things parents say to their children when comparing one child to another?
by Grace Marguerite Williams4 years ago
What are the 10 worst things that a parent can do to an underachieving child?
by Charlu4 years ago
What do you think is one of the worst things about owning a dog or cat and is it worth it?
by Jeremy Gill2 years ago
What do you consider as an "ideal" number of children to raise?
by magga9 years ago
Today I was talking to my boyfriend on MSN, it had been nice, talkin about a lot of things. Then he suddenly said:"I need to tell you something, call me".I was left stunned. I mean, he has said things like...
by Linda Crampton3 years ago
What are the problems and advantages of having adult children living in the family home?If an adult child returns to live with his or her parents in the family home, or if the child never leaves home after growing up,...
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.