jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Why do children cry loudly demanding something but the elders silently, to get t

1. AUPADHYAY profile image39
    AUPADHYAYposted 4 years ago

Why do children cry loudly demanding something but the elders silently, to get their beloved ones ?

I want to know why the huge change takes place in elders to show reaction against the same action than that of in children. The soul of the action, however, remains same but the expression is different, why ?

2. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 4 years ago

children do not know how to express themselves besides getting attention from adults. Elderly folks are clever. They use silent to show their discontent and get attention from love ones as they know that kids are always worried for them.

AUPADHYAYposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks peachpurple, for your answer. I like it. Though, I think it proper but there is something missing in elaboration of  the answer. I am searching for this one.

3. lburmaster profile image84
    lburmasterposted 4 years ago

Elders have lived their life. By that age, they should know not to cry to get what you want. They are still not children. By thinking of others, they are quiet so as to not bring much attention but it makes you listen. I don't think you give the elderly enough credit.

Thanks Iburmaster, for your answer.  I have not given enough credit to elders because we are also elders and we can easily trace out the solutions of the problem, but the comparison from children is necessary so I gave more credit to them.

4. allykat1982 profile image82
    allykat1982posted 4 years ago

Some children cry loudly because they think the louder they cry the faster the parent will give them what they want,; this goes for older children. Other children think if they cry like this, parents will give in.
    Most elderly people don't want to be a burden or bothersome, so some suffer in silence.

Thanks allykat1982 for your answer. You have rightly said about the children but it needs some more expansion. Further, in respect of elders, the act on which they cry silently, may be beyond the limit of social rules. However, needing some more.

2. allykat1982 profile image82
      allykat1982posted 4 years agoin reply to this

I have learned from my three children of varying ages that crying is mostly for attention which, could be because they are hurt or sad or hungry and so forth. It I don't have any other insights to the elderly because I have so little contact to them.

working