jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Which language do you think is the most difficult to learn and why?

1. JamesAng12 profile image89
    JamesAng12posted 4 years ago

Which language do you think is the most difficult to learn and why?

To all foreign language learners out there, what language do you think is the most difficult to learn and why? I recently wrote a hub about tips in learning a foreign language, and was curious to know what others think.

2. Paul Kuehn profile image95
    Paul Kuehnposted 4 years ago

In my life I have learned Latin, Spanish, German, French, three dialects of Chinese and the Thai language to various degrees of proficiency.  The Thai language has been the most difficult for me.  I say this because I started learning it when I was in my late 50s.  I had enough problems with Chinese tones, but found the tones in Thai and some of the pronunciation of vowels and consonants almost impossible to learn.

3. ehonhdouzi profile image28
    ehonhdouziposted 4 years ago

hi, JamesAng12, the most difficult language to learn is Chinese I think, because China is an ancient country in the word, the Chinese language is also ancient, so different from the western culture, both the pronunciation and writing of Chinese are difficult to learn for a westerner, :-), this is just my opinion, have fun!

4. Rosana Modugno profile image83
    Rosana Modugnoposted 4 years ago

I would think any language that involves letters of the alphabet that are unlike any other would be the most difficult;  Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, Hebrew, etc.  I don't know either but that would be my guess.

5. SpeakOutLanguages profile image66
    SpeakOutLanguagesposted 4 years ago

I've learned Chinese, Korean, and Thai. Thai is by far the most difficult to learn in my opinion. The alphabet is crazy, and the accent is very hard to master.