jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Where you ever arrested?

1. jaydawg808 profile image89
    jaydawg808posted 4 years ago

Where you ever arrested?

If so, can you say what it was & your experience?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8413304_f260.jpg

2. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

When I as a teenager, I was at a drug buy that went bad and I ran for my life!  I got picked up later at the beach, but they were never able to prove i was there because the boys I was with didn't give them my name.  I was treated like I was scum and it really had an effect on me. The detective that interviewed me acted like I was the most disgusting thing on the planet.  I have always used humor when i am uncomfortable and HE DID NOT find me funny at all.

But it was the best thing that ever happened to me. It scared me so I cleaned up my act and seriously became a model citizen.  Never looked back and never got involved in anything like that again.

3. RealityTalk profile image59
    RealityTalkposted 4 years ago

I was never arrested, but I have had confrontations with the police. When I was a teen, a friend (no longer after that) who was hitch-hiking, was picked up by an Assistant DA who he tried to rob.  He tried to use me as an alibi stating he was with me. A sheriff came to my door at midnight & demanded my parents turn me over to him for questioning.  My dad said, no warrant, no do; and he told them truthfully I was home all night.  I never heard of it again.

Another time I was involved in an incident trying to locate a run-away.  In my attempt to help the parents, I called police & met police in a school parking lot where they told me to wait as they checked out my suspicions of where the child might be.  A third cop pulled up next to my vehicle with his hand on his gun & a Shepard in the back & rolled down his window & yelled at the top of his lungs demanding an answer why I was parked there & that he had a dog.  Without hesitation I yelled back that his buddies told me to wait there & he should talk to his fellow officers before treating me disrespectfully.  He backed off & called them.  The first two officers drove back & then yelled at me for yelling at their buddy.  I told them he was rude & threatening & I don't take kindly to such behavior.  We ended up nose to nose yelling at each other until they backed down.

Another incident I was rear ended by a vehicle with my baby in a car seat.  The cop that came to take the report was rude & not the least sympathetic to me, my child or the older gentleman who rear ended me who had two crying children in his backseat.  It wasn't the older man's fault as he was hit by a teen playing with his stereo causing the older man's car to hit my van stopped for a car making a left turn. After 30 minutes of the cop sitting in his car, I politely asked if I could leave because I had two more children (6 & 9) who were to be coming home off the school bus & I needed to get home.  He rudely shouted at me, he'd be done when he is done.

I am not a fan of the police & will never call them anymore except for dire emergencies or if required by law.  The moral of my stories is do not take their rude behavior. We deserve to be treated with respect; as innocent citizens, not as criminals until proven otherwise.  If cops can't treat us decently out of fear that anyone or everyone might be a criminal, then get another job.

4. Borsia profile image43
    Borsiaposted 4 years ago

Once, I was pulled over for a flickering headlamp.
    I would have driven away with a verbal warning but a "friend" in the back seat with my dog kept whispering the attack command to him and the snapping growling dog pissed off the sheriff who then ran my license.
    I had gotten a fix-it ticket years before, which I fixed the same day and got signed off. But somehow the sign off never got entered and it went to warrant.
    I was bailed out after only about 3 hours by my brother so I was just in a holding cell. Because my hand was under reconstruction and had medical problems I was kept in a cell alone.
    I called my lawyer, since I intended to sue for false arrest as I had proof that I had taken care of the original ticket, but the idiot went down and got everything dropped. So the court claimed none of it ever happened.
    This all went down when I was 22.

working