jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is the scariest thing that has ever happened to you?

1. rlaha profile image69
    rlahaposted 5 years ago

What is the scariest thing that has ever happened to you?

It doesn't have to be a personal story.  I will share one of my scariest stories.  I was 19 and was staying in a house where there were 3 boys.  These boys were drug addicts, but I didn't know it until I stayed there.  They invited other people to do drugs with them.  These people got violent when they got high. I witnessed an argument between a couple of them which ended up in a situation where the one boy passed out because his heart was beating too fast.  He passed out.  We had to take him to the hospital. I think he learned his lesson, because now he is a doctor advocating against drug use

2. tsmog profile image83
    tsmogposted 5 years ago

That must of been scary. Not fair either. Pausing, the scariest thing for me, since there are so many, would be when I got hit by a car riding my bicycle. It knocked the breath out of me. I got up starting jogging trying to find it. It wasn't coming back. The driver and his friend just watched me - teens. I'm sure their pants were wet by then. No cells in those days, When blackness began to overtake me I fell to the ground. Awakening, breathing (TG) they were no where to be found. My wheel was bent and I had to kinda' carry the bike. It was about 11pm or so. Got home told my dad about it. Then I got really scared. He was going to go look for 'em. But, mom calmed him down. I had just graduated high school coming home from my job. Wow! Great therapy rlaha - thanks!

3. Blond Logic profile image97
    Blond Logicposted 5 years ago

I think it was when we were robbed here in our home in Brazil. There were three masked men. One held my husband down on the ground with a gun to his head and the other led me around the house with a knife at my throat. The third was rummaging through our belongings.

Two years have passed  and for months after we didn't feel comfortable going outside our house after dark. I slept for months with a crowbar under my bed and knives under my pillow. Now we are much better but there is still a feeling of alertness on our part. I don't know if we will ever feel completely at ease.

I still have the knives close at hand at night and we have dogs as well. It wasn't the welcome we wanted to Brazil but I am glad we didn't decide to return to Britain. I won't allow three yobs to steal my dream.

4. EclecticFusion profile image80
    EclecticFusionposted 5 years ago

I was outside on the deck late one night and heard something. I walked towards the sound, yeah, I did what stupid people do in scary movies, and I peered over the railing. The light was very dim here and I thought I heard someone whisper and thought I saw a hand. Well, I high-tailed it back inside, calmed down, and got a flashlight. I kept telling myself that there was no way someone was sitting on the ground beside my deck. My hair was practically standing on end as I made my way back to the railing. In a big show of courage I turned on the flashlight and jabbed it at the whispery hand only to find a scared possum. I felt foolish and relieved! Needless to say, I was up almost all night after that with all that adrenaline pumping through my body!

5. alomusic profile image72
    alomusicposted 5 years ago

I had a burglar break into my hotel room in NYC while I was sleeping. I woke to see him entering my bedroom. Screaming really does work!

working