jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

What elements makes something or someone sexy.

1. savvydating profile image96
    savvydatingposted 4 years ago

What elements makes something or someone sexy.

We call cars sexy, people sexy, cinema sexy--the list goes on and on. We all know that there is superficial sexy, but what are those elements make your feelings soar when you encounter "sexy."

2. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

Excellent question!
    Accordingly the definition of "sexy" is; sexually attractive or exciting.
    synonyms: sexually attractive, seductive, desirable, alluring, toothsome, sensual, sultry, slinky, provocative, tempting, tantalizing, and hot.
    I believe the meaning of sexy varies depending on what one is looking at. If it has to do with a person or what they look like while wearing something it means they are (reminded) of sex, lust, or seduction. You turn heads and leave tongues wagging sort of thing. It almost feels like being a celebrity or famous person.
    If it's an inanimate object it usually means we think it looks "cool" or "stylish". It draws attention and stands out in such a way that people want to own it, touch it, use it, or wear it to bring attention to themselves.

savvydatingposted 4 years agoin reply to this

So do you describe that certain "je ne sais quoi" element as excitement or the ability to seduce? What are those elements which seduce besides beauty, dashingscorpio? Are some "elements" intangible?

3. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

For me, since I love men, it is their natural masculinity.  It is something men exude and it just cannot be defined I guess.  Men smell good, look good, feel good. I am definitely a big fan.  (yes, I'm married so I am not a lonely single woman with lots of cats.-LOL) This is a drastic generalization but look at Aussie men--my word--they are among the most masculine men on the planet but I can't quite say why.

4. moonfroth profile image74
    moonfrothposted 4 years ago

Well, unless we deny our language any efficacy whatever vis-a-vis the world it purports to "signal" for us, then we mean something pertaining to SEX when we use the term "sexy".  This ain't rocket science, boys and girls.  A Jaguar is sexy because it looks like a rampat penis; a London cab is not because it looks like a box of Kleenex.  A steak is sexy because it's red and flowing and...(had enuff?).  A roasted chicken is not because it's a bloody roasted chicken and who cares.  Deep, rich red wines are sexy, white wines sit in the glass looking elegant.  Madonna and Lady Ga Ga are sexy because they're elemental, Celine and Kate Middleton are not, because they're elegant.  Sexiness is not how something looks; rather, it's what it stirs in us, what it EVOKES that makes it sexy.  I want to get gloriously, wonderfully, mindblowingly LAID!  So do you.....and you.....and you.....and you!  If you say you don't, you're a liar.  Advertisers--and we all need to remind ourselves that advertisers are people who want to change your behavior to THEIR advantage--advertisers have known this truth for thousands of years and exploited it to their profit. Within each of us burns a desire to be Sexy, even if we aren't consciously aware of it.

savvydatingposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Hi moonfroth. Good point about advertisers. And yes, that's what I was getting at. What is that which "evokes" and "stirs." Sex is sexy, but only if it is "glorious" or "mind blowing."  Very "elemental" answer. wink