Do you do lay away.? It is a good idea, or it is not a good idea.?

1. erorantes profile image50
    erorantesposted 4 years ago

Do  you do lay away.? It is a good idea, or it is not a good idea.?

If you find the item. You need to get for christmas,and you are not ready. You need to hold it. Then you can make someone's wish come real. You need to write in your agenda or calendar, so you do not forget or loose your money.

2. JG11Bravo profile image84
    JG11Bravoposted 4 years ago

I don't see any reason why one shouldn't. With the economic situation as it is, lay away could go a long way toward helping people get what they want, not just what they can afford at the moment.

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

It all depends on one's income and financial discipline. I usually charge what I want on my credit card and pay it off within 30 days. I try to avoid paying interest whenever possible.
    Christmas comes the same time every year. If one is a "planner" they can start picking up gifts in June for loved ones and continue on through the shopping season. There is no rule that we have to wait until November to suddenly buy everything all at once.
    When I was growing up we also had Christmas checking/savings accounts where you'd put a certain dollar amount away each week or month all year long in order to have money to buy gifts.
    Most of the holiday financial crunch comes from a lack of planning. As I stated we know Christmas, Valentine's Day, anniversaries, and our loved ones birthdays fall on the same day every year. I suspect a lot of us love doing things at the last minute and being a part of the hustle and bustle. Some people would be bored having done all of their shopping for others by Halloween.

working