jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Why would I have a dream where my recent ex boyfriend died? I've never dreamt ab

1. profile image59
    A2M4everposted 4 years ago

Why would I have a dream where my recent ex boyfriend died? I've never dreamt about death.

And when I got to the hospital to see his body, it was already gone. I was mad that I didn't get to see it.... like I was being lied to or something.

2. Bk42author profile image83
    Bk42authorposted 4 years ago

I am so sorry for your loss. Maybe since you didn't get to see him one last time you didn't get to fully process his passing and now your subconscious is helping you to do this. Again,  I'm so sorry.

1. Melissa A Smith profile image99
      Melissa A Smithposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Maybe I'm wrong but I think she's saying it was a dream.

3. tsadjatko profile image59
    tsadjatkoposted 4 years ago

Why do we have any of the dreams we have? Sometimes they can be subconscious expressions of repressed fears or feelings, even thoughts but most often they are just wierd and probably have nothing to do with anything profound. I usually remember dreams that have something to do with passing thoughts I had during the day that I didn't even dwell on for a moment. But I never dream about things or thoughts I dwell on or am seriously involved in (of course who knows what we dream as we seldom remember any of them). It doesn't hurt to think about what the dream could mean and if it makes sense accept it. Perhaps your dream was a subconscoius expression of grief over your break up and a regret that you didn't get to express the last word on it or feelings you wish you could have expressed to him before he left - if the shoe fits, wear it...if not and you can't find one that does fit, forget about it - an uncomfortable fit can cause you unnecessary pain. And I wouldn't spend any money on interpreting dreams, books or psychics. If there is a personal meaning you are well endowed enough with a brain to decipher it yourself (meditate on it) and if you can't it is most likely just a meaningless wierd dream.

4. NornsMercy profile image60
    NornsMercyposted 4 years ago

Your brain is just processing the fact that you two aren't together anymore. You may have some things you want to say that you never got to, hence the reason why he was already gone when you got there.