jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

To all conservatives out there, what 10 remedies would YOU implement to solve th

1. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago

To all conservatives out there, what 10 remedies would YOU implement to solve the problem

of school bullying and school bullies in elementary, junior high, and high school?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8850215_f260.jpg

2. grand old lady profile image84
    grand old ladyposted 4 years ago

I would be very interested in their answers.

3. profile image0
    Dave36posted 4 years ago

No.1 Find out what the bullies problems are in their own lives.
    No.2 Help the bully resolve his/her problems.
    No.3 Explain to the person being bullied why bullies bully people.
    No.4 Explain to the person being bullied why words shouldn't/don't hurt them.
    No.5 Show both the bully & person being bullied, how to control their feelings/emotions & mind.
    No.6 Help both find the thing/things they want to do in life.
    I see the bully & the person being bullied, both as people that need helping.
    Iv'e been both in the past.

4. tmbridgeland profile image83
    tmbridgelandposted 4 years ago

Tough problem, because it is usually so hidden. When I was bullied, the very last thing I wanted to do was draw attention to myself, so of course I never told anyone about it. I never believed school authorities would do anything, or could do anything to help. Reporting to them would just make me a bigger target. I suspect this is normal.
    The bullying did eventually stop, but it was because of things I did. I joined a sports team, and that alone stopped most of it. A few times I got mad and told off the person trying to push me around, and that helped too. I was fortunate that it was verbal bullying, threats, not actual physical bullying, and I doubt I was ever in real danger.
    So my prescriptions are: One: School staff has to make it clear that they will support bullied kids. That means that there have to be real and clear consequences to the bullies. I honestly doubt this will ever happen on a wide basis. Bullies are usually the popular kids, the ones the teachers like. Bullied kids are often the slow, stupid, un-athletic kids, the ones who the teachers don't notice or care much about.
    Two: Bullied kids have to be taught how to handle it. They should be encouraged to become stronger, more confident people. They should join a sport, or a popular club, as that helps make them insiders, not outsiders. The sport I joined was the same one that had my bullies in it. By joining, they no longer saw me as a target. Obviously, this isn't going to work in many cases. I was lucky that my bullies were not really all that bad, although I thought so at the time.

5. Sri T profile image78
    Sri Tposted 4 years ago

There is no solution because you cannot monitor every kid, every second of their life. In the city I grew up in there were so many bullies that just to make it to the store and back to school or home was a miracle. They were on every corner. You had to walk down back alleys just to make it home from school safely every day. You could report some but there were too many. So the options were, man-up and fight back, make friends with some of them, join a gang or get a weapon. Not very conservative, but lets face it, in some towns, the streets are out of control. In some cases, the military has to be called in for gang problems.

1. gmwilliams profile image84
      gmwilliamsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

What city did you came from?

2. Sri T profile image78
      Sri Tposted 4 years agoin reply to this

The former murder capitol. Gary, IN

working