|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|
Are children more sensitive to paranormal activity?
Or, are they simply more aware of their conscious activity presuming they have compared to an adult less sub-conscious activity.
I think it would be just about impossible to answer your question with a simple yes or no. There are too many factors involved to make such a hypothesis. There are some observations we can make that would help lead to a conclusion or at least lean in a certain direction.
1. Children have a much more vivid imagination. Linking real events and fictional events is a simple process in the mind of a child. As we age reality kicks us in the backside and we loose that ability or at least put it out of our mind.
2. Being open to your imagination can be argued as a portal to paranormal activity. If one were to consider being open to that kind of thought as a conduit to spirits then the paranormal world would use that conduit to seek the living.
3. Children are more able to accept changes in life and allow things that would be unexplained just pass as a new experience. Adults having already determined what they see as reality would find it very hard to accept new forms of input.
4. Children are easily manipulated. This is a problem since there are so many out there that would like to prove that paranormal world is real. They take the offensive and will use a child as a pawn to make a false event of paranormal activities. They are not willing to wait for these events to happen on their own and cause more problems in the long run.
5. Children's imagination can be the downfall to a good witness of these activities. If a child does report something it could very well be a conjuring of a wild television show mixed with some real life event and point to the paranormal but in fact have nothing to do with it.
I honestly don't know if children are a good conduit to the otherside but hopefully some of this information is helpful.
I like Foodeee's explanations and they make a lot of sense. By agreeing with those, I'd say they may be more sensitive. But I'll also state my initial thought I had before reading his response. I think young children are more likely to admit when they experience something paranormal. They hear the noises or see something unusual and accept it for what it is. As we get older, we become more inclined to dismiss many of those things by automatically grabbing onto more natural explanations.
No I don't think children are. If you are sensitive to these things you just are. As a child you may be aware of this sensitivity but it will probably develop and become more refined as you get older.
I'm not sure if they are more sensitive but I think children are sensitive to paranormal activity. Children have the pleasure of being young, so they are less exposed to evil, pollutants, and conscious garbage in our world. People are very influence by our environment and the values/beliefs around us. Children are innocent but they are smart and perceptive.
I think receptivity and sensitivity to paranormal activity has no age limit. We all have this ability but a lot of us choose to ignore it and dismiss it as irrational and not real. Society, especially Western society is all about rationality and logic but logic isn't life. It helps but there are just something that can not be explain and things we don't understand yet. I think children have that understanding of how the world works since birth until their minds/bodies/souls get polluted. BTW i agree with most of the stuff foodeee is saying. Great question!!!!
I think they are in some ways. As adults we kind of lose our belief in things unknown and kids don't have that drawback just yet.
by Grace Marguerite Williams5 years ago
What can parents do to help their sons become more sensitive and empathetic towards others?
by ngureco5 years ago
Has Scientists Ever Proven The Existent Of Ghosts Or Any Paranormal Activity?
by rlaha6 years ago
Do you believe in the occult, or paranormal, or even ghosts?I do. How about you?
by Melody4 years ago
Have you ever experience any paranormal activity? What did you do to overcome it?
by Grace Marguerite Williams6 years ago
Even though in the past few decades, masculine roles have been less rigid, there is still an underlying rule that boys are to be tough and not to show any signs of weakness. From early childhood, boys are...
by donotfear11 months ago
What is the connection between paranormal activity and real demonic activity? Or is there?I've always associated the paranormal with the powers of darkness, meaning the work of satan. However, supernatural incidents do...
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.