jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (11 posts)

What is the connection between paranormal activity and real demonic activity? Or

1. donotfear profile image88
    donotfearposted 8 years ago

What is the connection between paranormal activity and real demonic activity? Or is there?

I've always associated the paranormal with the powers of darkness, meaning the work of satan. However, supernatural incidents do happen, for real.  Even in the Bible. Any input?

2. It's just me profile image62
    It's just meposted 8 years ago

Paranormal or psychic powers, E.S.P. are perfectly normal it's a gift, or a talent, like any other. Some people have this type of talent and some don't, just as some people are gifted artists, or musicians, but some aren't. This does not make paranormal, psychic powers or E.S.P. demonic or evil.

3. Dr. Marie profile image60
    Dr. Marieposted 8 years ago

I am sorry you associated paranormal with the powers of darkness. I walk in the light. I have had my gifts since I was a child. They are God-given. I am a helper. I did not ask for my gifts, I was born with them. My whole family has them (different gifts to different degrees). I wish I had already written a hub on them, but I guess I should do that. All I ask is, please don't associate my talents with satan. This was done to Jesus and I know just how he felt. It hurt his heart. People often fear what they don't understand. They don't believe God could give these talents to a person. So they blame it off on satan. WRONG! This doesn't seem to fit with someone who chose the name donotfear. I hope you will open your mind & heart. I am a real person. God made me different for a reason. I have things to do. For Him.  smile

4. Silver Poet profile image78
    Silver Poetposted 8 years ago

What we call paranormal or magic may actually just be things that we don't understand yet.  A thousand years ago there was no such thing as radio, for instance.  Radio waves are an invisible force that we use to transmit sound from one place to another.  Folks of their time would have called it magic when it really is a science.

If you stay close to the Creator and belong to Him you need not fear the paranormal.  It is true sometimes those who practice dark religions discover things they can do paranormally via demonic influence, but the demons used to be angels, and it must be assumed that their powers were originally intended for good and that those same powers were also given to the angels that did not follow Satan in rebellion; therefore, it is highly possible that people on the side of the Spirit of God may also find themselves discovering gifts that may surprise them and that are not talked about except in very charismatic churches.  You can see some examples in the Bible in the book of Acts: prophetic dreams, out-of-body experiences, foreknowledge, telepathy, healing, etc. are all performed by the apostles at different times by the power of God.  In the Old Testament also we have prophets knowing things ahead of time, seeing someone's conversation from a faraway place, performing various miracles, and vanishing from one place to another.

1. Tim Truzy info4u profile image97
      Tim Truzy info4uposted 7 months agoin reply to this

It's important to realize that the Apocrypha represents the  books that were removed from the original Bible by the  Catholic church. J.C. talks of reincarnation and that we all have spiritual gifts which are given to us according to His Grace.

5. deepthinker76 profile image58
    deepthinker76posted 7 years ago

I don't know if there is a connection or not, but I do know that there are some kind of demonic forces at work and I have seen it first hand.

6. drbillfannin profile image60
    drbillfanninposted 7 years ago

Paranormal powers have nothing to do with evil or darkness, although these are in the paranormal. For example, relate paranormal is to evil as humans are to criminals.
    Not all paranormal is evil, in fact most is good.
    Not all humans are criminals, in fact most are good.

As for demonic activity, that is the criminal element of the spiritual realm. Hope this clears things up.

7. profile image51
    AzraelAngelsposted 7 years ago

yes a very big difference paranormal activity is anything that happens beyond that of normal i.e. moving lamps, cold spots, strange eerie noises those would be paranormal activity demonic activity does not happen demons are not what you think they are by what you see on t.v. or in a book. They are not  hideous gory looking monsters. They are beautiful and seductive. They walk the earth like everyone else but can not go into private places such as your house but could be in wal-mart, hospitals, and even churches. A lot of people do not think so because it is hollowed ground which is false they can go in because a church has some form of welcoming. As for hollowed ground it is the grounds in a cemetery. The only way a demon can come into private residence is if someone who lives there invites them in.

8. MOEFLATS profile image76
    MOEFLATSposted 7 years ago

What we have is a situation just like the Soviets had back in the early 70's..........none of this is "spirits", it's a bunch of jerks using microwave-based, Binaural technology to de-stabilize your mind so that you will have a temporary psychotic break with reality.  This group then re-educates ("trains") you  with the same Binaural Commands that messed with your mind in the first place.  If they are successfull, you'll be like a remote-controlled android who: feels, thinks, does EXACTLY what He/She is told by these binaural beats (that ee-ee-ee ringing in your ears).  You could say that an "Electronic Antichrist" has been created through the advent of this "secret, electronically-guided society".  The Bible says:  "Wise is he who can count the number of the Beast FOR IT IS A HUMAN NUMBER (a number of human beings).

9. peterxdunn profile image60
    peterxdunnposted 7 years ago

Biblical writers nicked the 'demon' concept from Greek mythology. The original Greek demons (daimones) were spirits that caused storms at sea but were usually kept imprisoned in a cave called the Pit of Tartarus (which also appears in the Bible). The earliest versions of the Bible (OT) weren't written until around 500 BC (during the Babylonian captivity) - the Greek myths were already a thousand years - or thereabouts - old by this time.

Other evil entities that appear in the Old Testament were either the kings that ruled over the enemies of the Israelites or the gods that those enemies worshipped.

10. Sneha Sunny profile image84
    Sneha Sunnyposted 7 years ago

all the supernatural activities are paranormal activities........whether performed by demon or ghost........ but difference lies in how they affect the minds in different ways..... demons are much more powerful.........

working