What are the 10 benefits of free range parenting?

1. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago

What are the 10 benefits of free range parenting?

Free range parenting is within moderate parental bounds, children are allowed to explore their environment and to learn independence.  Free range parenting allow children to assume age appropriate responsibilities, gradually becoming more independent.  Free range parenting believes that children are smarter and more resourceful than given credit for.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8941985_f260.jpg

2. WiccanSage profile image96
    WiccanSageposted 4 years ago

I can't keep up with the terms du jour, lol.

I advocate authoritative parenting styles. Set firm boundaries and limits, but fair ones. Allowing kids freedom to explore to an extent- but with definite safety measures and boundaries in place. It's important to allow kids to learn by doing-- they don't learn how to be responsible without responsibilities, they don't learn to solve problems without you stepping back and letting them. Use warnings and punishments when boundaries are crossed. There has to be a balance of freedom and protection.

So if Free Range fits that, sounds good to me.

1. Seafarer Mama profile image91
      Seafarer Mamaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I like this summary of your parenting style when giving children room to explore and play. It does depend on your home environment...and opportunities to play safely with friends.

working