jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

What causes many people from large famiies(6 + children) tend to posess a psycho

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

What causes many people from large famiies(6 + children) tend to posess a psychology, mindset, and

consciousness of poverty, struggle, and lack, never wanting to improve themselves educationally and socioeconomically therefore being satisfied with nothing?

From reading and observations of large families from extended family,friends,associates,and large family blogs,parents of and people from large families tend to glorify poverty, struggle, and lack.  They feel that there's nothing wrong with socioeconomic struggle and doing without. They also view socioeconomic affluence as unnecessary and an extravagance.  They tend to view socioeconomic affluence and successful people as materialistic.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/9010587_f260.jpg

2. Rebecca Hillary profile image77
    Rebecca Hillaryposted 3 years ago

Perhaps it's because there is nothing wrong with doing without. Some people don't count their worth in life by the amount of money in the bank, and that is an admirable quality, not a character flaw.
    Not everybody who is below or nearing the poverty line is uneducated, as circumstances can change for anybody at any time, so to suggest that people in that situation need to improve themselves educationally is a rather shortsighted and elitist attitude.
    When you have nothing, it is increasingly difficult to improve your circumstances, whether you have one child or twelve. If you were constantly being told you're not good enough, and that you should better yourself but you can't have any help to do so, how would that make you feel?

1. gmwilliams profile image86
      gmwilliamsposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Re: the first paragraph, you are kidding right. Living a subsistent existence, right, c'mon now! Poverty is not noble!

2. Rebecca Hillary profile image77
      Rebecca Hillaryposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I didn't say that poverty is noble. I said not everybody measures wealth in the same way. I'm sorry if that somehow offends you.

working