jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

What are the TEN ways that sheltering children emotionally, psychologically, and

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

What are the TEN ways that sheltering children emotionally, psychologically, and even psychically

retard them in terms of developing crucial survival and life skills, making them vulnerable and likely to be taken advantage of by others?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/9027226_f260.jpg

2. Esenbee profile image60
    Esenbeeposted 3 years ago

I don't know if I can give 10 ways but I know for sure if you shelter a child from watching television, listening to music, or not talking with them about their personal lives, you will definetly create a monster. We all have to eventually deal with this world we all live in so if you are not properly equipped on what to do, you will definitely fail.

I think that kids should be aware of life in moderation...not hidden from life.

1. Rod Marsden profile image75
      Rod Marsdenposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Yes, kids can't remain kids forever. They have to be allowed to grow up.

3. Rod Marsden profile image75
    Rod Marsdenposted 3 years ago

School is one place where most of us learn how to survive in the real world. Most of the survival skills we pick up we pick up from fellow students. It is also the place to pick up new ideas and ways of thinking. This we pick up from teachers as well as fellow students.

Hopefully at school we will discover ways of dealing with bullies. If not then school will become an unpleasant place to be. Here parents can help. My brother-in-law decided to take up martial arts. His children also took it up. The result? A way of dealing with bullies without becoming one yourself.

Sport is important. More important than I have given it credit for in the past. Team sports teach a person how to be a team member and player. Even if you are not good at sport it can prepare you for the business world where people still use words such as team and team player.

If your kids can't watch a popular television show at your place they'll watch it elsewhere. Hence it is better they watch it at home with you if you wish input into how they should regard the show.   

My thoughts at any rate.

1. gmwilliams profile image86
      gmwilliamsposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Excellent thought, Ron.

working